TV The Expanse [Amazon Prime]

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I stopped after 1 last night but I'm really tempted to watch another tonight. Looks like this season is going to be more like an extended movie than a series of episodes.
That’s exactly how it feels. End of episode 4 is a good stopping point in terms of plot. It feels like the end of act 1.

it’s been excellent. Amazing even. Strong as any of the other seasons so far.

Reactions: BS ISF and Flyn

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
finally had time after this weekends activities to sit down and finish my binge of S3, and knocked out the first 2 Ep of S4. Everything feels just like it should. Avasarala had one of her best lines in the first episode when she was talking to Holden :ROFLMAO:. Looking forward to continuing this week. Should be a breeze since this season is only 10 episodes compared to the normal 13.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Watched episodes 3 & 4 tonight. Amos is and always will be my favorite character on this show. I can never figure out who my 2nd favorite is tho. It bounces back and forth between Avasarala and Bobbie. It also still amuses me how Naomi changes her accent based on who shes with. She talks proper when she's around Holden and her crew, but get her around her own, and that Belter dialect comes flowing out.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Some Crazy shit is gonna happen in Season 5. I don't know if they'll combine Books 5 and 6 into Season 5. But they might, because they moved a bunch of plot elements from book 5 into season 4.
The Wiki's for Cibola Burn, Nemesis Games, and Babylon's Ashes have the summaries.

But its total War, Earth gets decimated by astroid strikes, and the Belters have a Civil War. Season 5 is going to have a lot of space action. Massive fleet battles.

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First episode was solid. My worry that the CG was gonna be cheap was (mostly) for nothing - everything looks great and is a visual treat. The only weird thing is the scene changes...they were awkward. Felt like they were meant for commercial break that dont exist.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished up the season tonight! It was another great season, but did feel much different than past seasons. There were a lot of story lines that were split and seemingly self contained, so things did feel a bit disjointed at times. Also having most of the season anchored in 1 location is bit of a changeup from previous years. Bobbie's storyline felt particularly out of place, but shes one of my favorite characters, so I'm not really going to complain about any screen time she gets. Avasarala's politics stuff felt a bit out of place too, but again, I'm not gonna turn down any chance to hear her spouting off F bombs at people. As I think it was mentioned already, this all really feels like setup for season 5, so if that's the case, I can't wait for whats to come.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The season felt like it was book driven, Season 4 = book 4, for instance. Nothing wrong with that unless you like separated episodes each week. This season was a 7 1/2 hour movie.

The last episode felt rushed. Cram everything in because we only have 10 episodes, not 13. Without using spoilers, there were several scenes that should have been expanded for depth.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
4 episodes down.

giphy.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
4 episodes down.

giphy.gif
I said months ago that Season 4 is going to go at a slower pace and there really wouldn't be any major space action battles.

They cut out an entire subplot for the ships in orbit that is present in the book.

Since its not in the Show, its not a spoiler.

Detective Havelock from season 1 returns and is the security chief aboard the Edward Israel and there is a whole mutiny subplot that was cut.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info