TV The Expanse [Amazon Prime]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Series premiere has been released early.

The Expanse

Looks like the new corporate model is to release these shows early on the web to create a buzz before the actual TV premiere.

SyFy has realized that their philosophy of airing B movies like Sharknado and imported crap isn't working so they are trying to get back to their SciFi roots with The Expanse, Childhood's End and The Magicians.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
It will probably be like all good Sci Fi tv shows lately.
The networks air one season, then suddenly cancel the series for no good reason, leaving the storyline unfinished and all the viewers hanging.

This is why I usually watch older shows that have run their course. Get them on Blu-Ray.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Watched the premiere. A bit of overacting but that's to be expected in a premiere. Interesting camera work. I wonder how they did the zero G scenes?

Too soon to tell if this show will catch on. It was a little A to B to C in plot and it's too early to care about the characters.

Action starts towards the end of the episode.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dunno what it was about the second episode, but it annoyed the fuck out of me. I couldnt hear half the dialogue compared to ep1, the writing fell really fat and it just dragged.

That aside, the concept and character still interest me so I'm still definitely into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info