"The day I smashed up a brand new Buick GNX"

b4black

Reaction score
Cool story. Thanks!

But I'm certain that GNX #002 still belongs to GM and is at the Sloan Museum in Flint, MI. I've seen it there and GM/Buick has brought it to car shows before. (Google can confirm.)

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Great article, the cal333 response is entertaining too

OP
CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Here is a question from reading that article.

How is GNX #001 VIN# 1G4GJ1174HP439259 and GNX #002 VIN# 1G4GJ1179HP439256? Shouldn't it be the other way around? The VIN sequence would be in order...

Or is it because it went to ASC and it was how they produced the GNX upgrades?

b4black

Reaction score
Yeah, it's likely the order that ASC converted them. They were shipped to ASC on trucks, parked in a lot and then converted in whatever order. There really is no significance to the numbers. They are all pretty much the same, but the numbers make each car unique in the owner's mind.

I have an '82 GN. Like the GNX, they were finished after the assembly line. 215 were converted by Cars and Concepts. The VIN order and order of conversion was very random. They didn't get numbered dash plaques, so they don't have the same "uniqueness".

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the stupid!!
Reaction score
I drove GNX #460 back in the late 90's when I lived in NJ. The owner who was a friend, ended up dying, and they were keeping the car for his daughter. I never found out what happened to that car and often look for it when I see a GNX for sale.

2QuikTA

Reaction score
They are already and have been rising in price, but I only see the prices for gnx’s continuing to rise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom