The CUV market, what's good?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
So, the fiance wants a new car. Which I'm fine with, as she drives a basic bitch '08 Focus. She has fallen in love with the new '16+ Hyundai Tucson. So at the auto show when browsed a little more. Most likely be in the used market.

Hit list 2016+:

Hyundai Tucson Limited 1.6t AWD
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Nissan Rogue (blah blah didn't follow much)
Jeep Compass (Trailhawk or Limited)
Ford Escape ecoboost AWD
Honda CRV

Anyone own these have any feedback? Possibly [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]?

Thanks

We are a bit out still, wedding is soon (3/17) so we might look to by within 6mo to a year. Gotta fix some finances first.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I bought a '17 Escape Titanium w/ the 2.0 Ecoboost and AWD in August and I love it. It's comfortable, handles nicely, and is pretty quick with the 2.0 turbo engine. The intelligent 4wd works well and made it easy to drive in last week's snow storm. The only complaint, which isn't a big deal to me, is fuel economy. I average 20 mpg mixed city and highway. I'm sure there are others in it's class that could do better in that area.

YwFgE5O.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
So, the fiance wants a new car. Which I'm fine with, as she drives a basic bitch '08 Focus. She has fallen in love with the new '16+ Hyundai Tucson. So at the auto show when browsed a little more. Most likely be in the used market.

Hit list 2016+:

Hyundai Tucson Limited 1.6t AWD
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Nissan Rogue (blah blah didn't follow much)
Jeep Compass (Trailhawk or Limited)
Ford Escape ecoboost AWD
Honda CRV

Anyone own these have any feedback? Possibly [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]?

Thanks

We are a bit out still, wedding is soon (3/17) so we might look to by within 6mo to a year. Gotta fix some finances first.

https://www.cars.com/articles/whats-the-best-compact-suv-for-2017-1420697071892/

Tucson wasn't tested because it did poorly in our last comparison. The dual clutch is miserable in that car.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They're good. Not as much cargo room as other compacts, and expensive, but they're super fun (styling, colors, easter eggs) and a hoot to drive. They are really small, though, compared with a CR-V or Tiguan.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
CX-5 or CRV.

Rogues with that CVT is just meh all over for me.

Our Cx-5 has been great, 27mpg average driving 60 miles a day on 90 in traffic, comfy planted ride. Cr-v has android auto/apple play so it wins there I just couldn't wheel and deal like I could for the CX-5. My Mom has a 2013 and I have a 2012 mazda3 with basically nothing other than regular maintenance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info