Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Rich people don’t eat cereal
Caviar and Lox bagels for me.
giphy.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If you have kids, I could see maybe having containers like that. Generally snack food doesn't last long enough to go bad, but my oldest leaves everything open. Though he'd probably leave these containers open too.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Or it’s a stay rich hack, buy the generic shit and put it in a container so nobody knows you’re pinching pennies.

That's what I do but IDGAF if anyone knows. I buy the huge bags of generic cereal and pour it into those containers. A pillow sized bag of Marshmallow Matey's gets fucking aggravating in a cabinet. Just dose it out 1/3 of the bag at a time into those. Keeps it fresh longer too.

Open my fridge or pantry and you'll see nothing but Aldi or off-brand. Hellman's mayo and Heinz Ketchup are the only name-brand things I buy.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm honestly not sure what the span will be between columns in the basement. I know in the garage it was over 26' so we ended up adding LVL's to avoid columns

Insulation info below

Insulation:
-Foundation insulation R-10 foam boards below grade around foundation perimeter
-Garage Walls R- 13 Batts
-Exterior House wall R- 19 Batts
-Ceilings Blown R-49 blown fiber House Attic
What kind of R value we talking on this insulation going in? We need details.
^

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
That's what I do but IDGAF if anyone knows. I buy the huge bags of generic cereal and pour it into those containers. A pillow sized bag of Marshmallow Matey's gets fucking aggravating in a cabinet. Just dose it out 1/3 of the bag at a time into those. Keeps it fresh longer too.

Open my fridge or pantry and you'll see nothing but Aldi or off-brand. Hellman's mayo and Heinz Ketchup are the only name-brand things I buy.

I can’t ever do generic Aldi cereal and chips they taste different I don’t care what anybody says. That’s all my mom bought us growing up and I refuse to feed my kids that and myself. Another thing I can’t drink is generic pop.

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
pot filler
two sinks
two dishwashers
monster island
fuck tons of lower drawers
monster pantry
drawer microwave
yep

View attachment 103894

View attachment 103896

View attachment 103895

giphy.gif
demdoubleislands

View attachment 103897

View attachment 103898

also the butler pantry is sweet.

View attachment 103899

not sure how either of these are 1981. id fucking love either :dunno:

butler pantry ftmfw.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I can’t ever do generic Aldi cereal and chips they taste different I don’t care what anybody says. That’s all my mom bought us growing up and I refuse to feed my kids that and myself. Another thing I can’t drink is generic pop.

giphy.gif

I don't do Aldi cereal. The cereal is name brand-ish just sold in big ass bags. I'll do some of the Aldi chips. Only name-brand chips I get are the Lay's baked BBQ and Ruffle's All Dressed. Aldi kettle chips taste the same as any of the expensive ones to me.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
All I really have for input is put a cabinet between your fridge and oven. Your oven is going to be open while the refrigerator is opened and something will get a nice dent in the door.

I think everything else is personal preference, and maybe you don't care if something gets dented because it will likely be replaced in 5 years anyways given how crappy appliances are built these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info