Not open for further replies.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I NEED TO KNOW THE SCHOOL RATINGS ASAP!

Also, are you wiring every room for internet and cable and Alexa to control everything from your phone?????
They’re so high that idk if you could graduate 8th grade (xoxo)

and yes I’m gonna have a smarthome guy help with all the wiring. No Alexa tho

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
When TCG is done, Conrad will have a MDF in the basement and an IDF closet on the 2nd floor. Wireless access points throughout.

Connectivity diversity through ATT and Verizon, and separate last mile carriers.

Satellite connectivity for backup.

Backup diesel generator with 7 day fuel capacity

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
When TCG is done, Conrad will have a MDF in the basement and an IDF closet on the 2nd floor. Wireless access points throughout.

Connectivity diversity through ATT and Verizon, and separate last mile carriers.

Calm down nerds of TCG, I don’t even know what those acronyms mean

I am getting a backup generator though, put it in the contract so I can pay it off at 3% for an eternity

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

And solar...

And a well to supplement his city water supply.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
The best advice I can give you is to mount an electric drop down chandelier from your foyer!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My wife and I have picked out our house design online too, but like you, want some changes. Did you hire the architect through the floorplan website? Or did you hire someone else?
You’ll hire them through the website. Because we knew who owned the rights to the plans (from the house across the street) I just reached out to them directly rather than buying them through the site then being put in touch with the architect. Prob saved a little money doing that, maybe. Lol

You can hire someone local if you want and just show them what you want (using the online plans) for a quote. Never really know who you’re going to get when going through the website.

Reactions: GTPpower

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Backfill time. Met with the builder on saturday to talk about the patio plans so he knew where to dig out the dirt and put sand. The original question was how big do we want to make the patio. The area in green below was always the minimum, a 12x17paver patio adjacent to the deck. I kind of wanted to expand it west (area in blue) because that would give us A LOT of outdoor area and would prob be within the budget. It'd basically be the deck (which will be just past the green area), then directly adjacent to that would be 400+sq ft of pavers with a firepit, very nice outdoor hangout area.

WELL...The good thing about previous PITA builder was that he had successfully convinced my wife that a pool was near impossible on this lot (it's not, but I don't want to spend money on a pool, soooo i went with it). Our current much more realistic, easier-to-work-with builder told her it's totally doable. Given that a pool is now in the 3-5 year plan I told him we'll just go cheap with a 12x17 paver patio off the sliding door, then worry about the area to the west (in blue) later.

Went there yesterday and he put sand in that blue area and flattened it. That's more than I asked, but I love the way it looks, so it looks like we're extending the pavers.

We'll probably eventually do a small in-ground pool right off of the patio. The width is kind of deceiving from this angle, the patio area shown below (green and blue) is about 30' wide

Framing in less than two weeks!!

1631710447857.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Backfill time. Met with the builder on saturday to talk about the patio plans so he knew where to dig out the dirt and put sand. The original question was how big do we want to make the patio. The area in green below was always the minimum, a 12x17paver patio adjacent to the deck. I kind of wanted to expand it west (area in blue) because that would give us A LOT of outdoor area and would prob be within the budget. It'd basically be the deck (which will be just past the green area), then directly adjacent to that would be 400+sq ft of pavers with a firepit, very nice outdoor hangout area.

WELL...The good thing about previous PITA builder was that he had successfully convinced my wife that a pool was near impossible on this lot (it's not, but I don't want to spend money on a pool, soooo i went with it). Our current much more realistic, easier-to-work-with builder told her it's totally doable. Given that a pool is now in the 3-5 year plan I told him we'll just go cheap with a 12x17 paver patio off the sliding door, then worry about the area to the west (in blue) later.

Went there yesterday and he put sand in that blue area and flattened it. That's more than I asked, but I love the way it looks, so it looks like we're extending the pavers.

We'll probably eventually do a small in-ground pool right off of the patio. The width is kind of deceiving from this angle, the patio area shown below (green and blue) is about 30' wide

Framing in less than two weeks!!

View attachment 100030

I think I see some foam board peeking out in this picture, but just wanted to see if they did foam board around the foundation to help insulate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info