Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yeah, shingles won't sit down when it's cold out. I don't shingle anything now unless it's at least sunny and 55° for 3 days, but I did a garage a few years ago in December. Those shingles were so rough looking until the following summer.

I saw a house getting shingled in Dec I’m like that don’t seem right. I’ve always figured it should atleast 60 but then again them greedy hail chasers want that money.

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Lol no recent updates. Weather has sucked for the masons, plumbing place gave us the wrong tub for one of the bathrooms but but we got the right one delivered wednesday (s/b installed by now). The last window and the patio doors should all be in by Monday. Garage floor was poured, looks awesome but I don't have any pics. It's super weird how with each step the house feels bigger. Even the garage felt bigger after they poured the floor.

The builder took a hard look over things and confirmed the house will be done within 6 months so I locked the rate in this week. Going to be a crazy summer & fall, lots to do

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Reactions: DEEZUZ

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Bro, someone already built your house down the street from me. On a hill and everything.
Def not my house, it's a ranch, and it's not built yet. But seeing that price for 2,700 sq ft makes me feel a lot better about mine

Reactions: GTPpower

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
How far off schedule does everything seem to be FirstWorldProblems N20GT ???

I mean Im sure you expected it to take longer than they originally anticipated, but am curious if things seem to be getting better or if everything is still really stretched out.
Things have been moving well since framing was finished up, that and engineering & permits are really what took forever.

Stone is done and turned out great, really glad we went with the light mortar
Siding is about 50% done, will be finished here soon
Stucco guys will be starting any day if they haven't already (I haven't been there this week)
Whole house is drywalled, they're sanding now
Tubs are in
Garage doors/front door/patio doors are all in

There was a pretty long delay with the front door and patio doors but that didn't stop them from working on other stuff

I always figured it would take 12 months from the dig date, and we'll be a little behind that (albeit probably with not much landscaping done @ time of close). We still need to figure out what landscaping we'll do this year vs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info