The coolest car in the world is a ...

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
1) Motorized belts, while not too smart, are in fact smarter then what other things were going on in the 1980s. Undeveloped airbags proved less safe then motorized belts. The early, crude airbags were prone to actually injuring passengers as opposed to safety belts. Thus Tempo offered you either motorized belts, or airbags. Naturally the power belts were the favored options. Hey, at least the belts were mounted to the doors like most Chevrolet sedans and coupes of the late 1980s and early 1990s.

2) I am 16.

3) I don't believe me '89 Tempo is as reliable as those cars. I didn't mean to imply this. The Tempo is certainly far cry from reliable, but the majority of its problems are simply age related. NOT quality-of-product issues. Big difference.

4) Stock, a Tempo won't out-handle a newer sedan. Emphasis on stock. It should be noted that back in the day, Tempo did have the most sophisticated suspension setup in its class.

5) Out handle an SHO? All Wheel Drive baby.

6) No need to get testy ladies, please. Like I said, stock the newer cars probably out handled the Tempo. Stock. Out brake? Oh yes it will. Chevrolet can't get ABS right. Their sensors are too sensitive, and ABS clicks on at any time you use the brake peddle a little too enthusiastically. ABS hurts braking ability. The Tempo doesn't have this problem. Yeah the Fusion and Five Hundred will out-brake the Tempo, but not the Impaler. Now, regarding handling and suspension. Dig this.

Before (1989 Ford Tempo AWD, Touring Suspension Package):
Tempo2-7-099-1.jpg

After about two grand in suspension upgrades.
P5290022.jpg

With my last words of this overly long reply, I just have a few things to say. I'm not trying to convince you Tempos are the greatest things in the world. I sometimes get carried away and I can see where it would seem as though I am implying that. Impalas, Fusions, Five Hundreds, almost everything (maybe not the new Sebring) will out perform my old car in nearly every aspect. Not every though. ;) Fuel economy is still Tempo's game, and I'll always have my motorized front shoulder belts and my neat locking gas cap filler door.

I just like a little interesting conversation, respectable debate. I mean no harm. :)

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
HOLY MONSTER TRUCK! I do not have a low car by any means but do you even use a jack to change the oil? Jesus, throw some super swampers on that thing and call it a day.

My buddy had a 94 and it didn't sit nearly as high as yours does stock.
Heheh, I be ballin' beaner-style. So they say.

The car's nose is actually sitting just barely lower then stock, because of the rear lift. I blew the rear struts after doing this too much:
4-21-0924.jpg

4-21-0922.jpg

Decided while I was at it I might as well just overhaul the whole deal, and I figured a lift was in order not just for practicality's sake but I actually think it does look somewhat more aggressive in stance then before with its saggy ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info