The coolest car in the world is a ...

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i bought my jeep for $500, and put about $250 into it to get it running and road safe. it will surely do circles around my GTO in the snow, and it can haul more people/stuff around. that doesn't mean it's a better car than my GTO, not by a long shot.
being a ford tempo fan does make you unique, i'll give you that. why anyone would be an enthusiast, let alone own a ford tempo (and choose it over newer, better cars) is beyond me.

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
Hang in there with me for a second, look at it this way;a new Fusion starts $19,270. You can pick up an '07 Impala LS for around $13,275, an '06 Five Hundred Limited for $17,000, or a used Fusion (2008 SEL) for $20,070. All price estimates from Kelley Blue Book. Also according to KBB, my 1989 Ford Tempo AWD (with its mileage, packages, options, and condition) sits at: $1,875. One quick look at Craiglist renders examples of Tempos in fairly good mechanical and structural condition for as low as $650.

Yeah, at this point the Tempo has few bragging rights compared to the trio of new American sedans. It does already have a few aces up its sleeve in way of exclusivity. Power front passenger seat shoulder belts, power locking gas filler door, superior fuel economy, and superior build quality and (compared to Impala and Five Hundred) material quality. For example, where the Five Hundred and Fusion use fake leather steering wheels the Tempo has real, hand stitched leather. Just little things like that.

But the big gain is price. The Tempo, significantly cheaper, is open to all sorts of upgrades and modifications. For example, my 1989 has had its entire suspension setup overhauled with stronger anti-roll/stabilizer bars to reduce body roll in the turns, stronger and higher front and rear springs to add ground clearance while giving it a more aggressive stance. New rubber and rims (hidden beneath the stock 14" Polycast rims), brake hydraulics, shoes/drums, pads, rotors, calipers all around. The grand total of these improvements is $1,700.

So now, its no joke when I say it rides and handles far superior to any of the newer sedans. The next job will be power upgrades, to bring it up to speed with the newer cars. Its fine now, even with low power figures, because it is very lightweight (2,525lbs.) I just want me an SHO for the bragging rights. ;)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
The power belts aren't really an advantage, they've been famous for the failure of the motor unit, not to mention they are a retarded idea, that's why very few cars used them, for a very short amount of time, and then nobody else used them except ford and toyota.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hang in there with me for a second, look at it this way;a new Fusion starts $19,270. You can pick up an '07 Impala LS for around $13,275, an '06 Five Hundred Limited for $17,000, or a used Fusion (2008 SEL) for $20,070. All price estimates from Kelley Blue Book. Also according to KBB, my 1989 Ford Tempo AWD (with its mileage, packages, options, and condition) sits at: $1,875. One quick look at Craiglist renders examples of Tempos in fairly good mechanical and structural condition for as low as $650.

Yeah, at this point the Tempo has few bragging rights compared to the trio of new American sedans. It does already have a few aces up its sleeve in way of exclusivity. Power front passenger seat shoulder belts, power locking gas filler door, superior fuel economy, and superior build quality and (compared to Impala and Five Hundred) material quality. For example, where the Five Hundred and Fusion use fake leather steering wheels the Tempo has real, hand stitched leather. Just little things like that.

But the big gain is price. The Tempo, significantly cheaper, is open to all sorts of upgrades and modifications. For example, my 1989 has had its entire suspension setup overhauled with stronger anti-roll/stabilizer bars to reduce body roll in the turns, stronger and higher front and rear springs to add ground clearance while giving it a more aggressive stance. New rubber and rims (hidden beneath the stock 14" Polycast rims), brake hydraulics, shoes/drums, pads, rotors, calipers all around. The grand total of these improvements is $1,700.

So now, its no joke when I say it rides and handles far superior to any of the newer sedans. The next job will be power upgrades, to bring it up to speed with the newer cars. Its fine now, even with low power figures, because it is very lightweight (2,525lbs.) I just want me an SHO for the bragging rights. ;)

how old are u out of curiosity?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

i guarantee it still wont out handle, out brake or out perform any of the new cars you're comparing your 20 year old car too. not in a single category. you think that because you're car is handling back to stock specs that it will run circles around a car designed 20 years AFTER your car? absolutely not.

this is like 1902 all over again....you damn horse and buggy people thinking your horse will out perform a petrol car. :picard:

how old are u out of curiosity?

he said something about being a teenager; not a 60 year old woman whose content with their 20 year old junkbox.

fastss

street militia
Mar 31, 2009
NW Burbs
This guy is really loyal to his car. I mean, I have a camry and got stuck with it, so i'm interested in them and always say i love camry's. Even though most of the time i lie and would love another reliable car. But hey, if you're devoted to your tempo, then so be it. More power to ya. I'll run ya though ;)

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
This guy is really loyal to his car. I mean, I have a camry and got stuck with it, so i'm interested in them and always say i love camry's. Even though most of the time i lie and would love another reliable car. But hey, if you're devoted to your tempo, then so be it. More power to ya. I'll run ya though ;)

I can tell you all about the virtues of the PT Cruiser (reliable, lots of utility, hearse-like) but i'm not going to nut hug and tell everyone its the best car ever made. I might miss it when it buys the farm, but that day can't come soon enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info