THE CONCERT OF THE CENTURY!

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
wait, wut? what do you consider middle aged? think about the time these bands were BIG...

certainly not my age group, but i live in the past (im 34).
well they were popular in 70s, 80s and early 90s. so a 20yr old in the 80s was born in the 60s. so my guess it would be 50-70yr old crowd mostly.

granted there are outliers like yourself, but that's what I'd expect. 50s mostly.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Wrigley Field? Not pleased

Would have preferred Soldier Field with parking, seating (in the round)

Tickets are not cheap. May check out other cities

1575569897302.png

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Except for Joan Jett, couldn’t care less, I’ve seen Poison, Motley Crue and Def Leppard multiple times.

Def Leppard in the late ‘80 In the Round and Motley Crue Carnival of Sin were amazing concerts.

I’m not sure this concert will be at that level “amazing / every song memorable”

Every year I see two of these bands together or with other big 1980s hair / metal bands at World Music Theater for $25 / ticket.

I’m struggling with the price, venue, parking, etc.

If this was $75 lawn seats (total) at the World Music Theater then I’d be all over it.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Back in 83 went to see Quite Riot, Joan Jett and Loverboy. Joan Jett was horrible. Quite Roit was brand new and blew the crowd away. Then Joan Jett came out and played slow song after slow song. She was booed and received her loudest cheers when she finished. We found out later she was booed anf had toilet paper thrown at her until she got off the stage the night before at Cominski park.
Years later found out my wife who I meet the next year was at that concert in Chicago.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Went to this concert this past weekend, really only to see Motley Crue. Was a hell of a time!!

The Crue still puts on a hell of a show despite being 60+ years old and Vince Neil not sounding as good. Last saw them in 2006 at Alpine Valley with Aerosmith and the Crue made Aerosmith look like an amateur church band in comparison!!

20220708_202544.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Went to this concert this past weekend, really only to see Motley Crue. Was a hell of a time!!

The Crue still puts on a hell of a show despite being 60+ years old and Vince Neil not sounding as good. Last saw them in 2006 at Alpine Valley with Aerosmith and the Crue made Aerosmith look like an amateur church band in comparison!!

View attachment 125750
Where was the concert at, asking for a friend?
I could have swore a certain SUX bandwagon fan has said he would never step foot in a certain stadium.
Might have talked shit about overpriced beer as well, so I'm assuming he didnt buy any beer or alcohol.
Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC have you heard that SUX fan say the same in the past or am I imagining this shit?

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Where was the concert at, asking for a friend?
I could have swore a certain SUX bandwagon fan has said he would never step foot in a certain stadium.
Might have talked shit about overpriced beer as well, so I'm assuming he didnt buy any beer or alcohol.
Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC have you heard that SUX fan say the same in the past or am I imagining this shit?
I ate dinner and drank across the street while Poison played and brought in a flask, so didn't buy any beer in there. But man, what a shithole that place is.

Standing on the field, you can see how shitty it looks from a players perspective! Also, Ricketts have totally destroyed the character that Wrigley once had. Looks like a corporate center when you walk up to it now.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I ate dinner and drank across the street while Poison played and brought in a flask, so didn't buy any beer in there. But man, what a shithole that place is.

Standing on the field, you can see how shitty it looks from a players perspective! Also, Ricketts have totally destroyed the character that Wrigley once had. Looks like a corporate center when you walk up to it now.
So the concert was at Wrigley, a place you have said you won’t step a foot inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info