The Cigar Thread

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I found two old threads regarding cigars, but figured I'd start something fresh.

I was pretty into cigars about 10 years ago when I was working down by CBOT and had a ton of free time to stop in Jack Schwartz and smoke a stogie for lunch. I've recently started to dabble again.

Tonight I'm smoking an Oliva G Maduro, which has always been one of my 'go-to' cigars.

1663382521059.png

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Occasionally smoke a Romeo or Macanudo, usually all i ever smoke. I need to go back to the Bahamas and grab some more Cubans. Last time i went i got a box of Cohibas and brought them back. Once you have a great cigar you really don't want the rest. sickmint79 sickmint79 hooked me up with a couple of small cuban cohibas a few years ago, just not the same as a nice big Churchill though.

I remember playing poker down there at the Wyndham and Atlantis, you could light up and play all night. I bought the whole table some cigars and played poker till they closed at like 5 in the morning. Good times. They also make Greycliff cigars about a mile from Atlantis, and have an awesome restaurant and cigar room there with massive leather chairs. About the most relaxing place on the planet.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I still have a large humidor full of sticks

TabNhKj.jpg

But I honestly cant remember the last time I sat out and smoked one....... I'm not even certain they're all still good anymore. I'm not the most diligent in making sure its kept at the proper humidification level these days (or any level :LOL: ) But I do re-humidify it every so often.

Really need to grab one and see how they're doing one of these weekends. Maybe when its not still 100 out at 10 oclock at night.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Keep the humidity low enough to prevent mold and you are probably OK. Dry cigars can be brought back to life. Sometimes long periods in the humidor actually makes them better.

yeah thats the tricky thing. I have overdone it once before and had to pull everything out and scrub all the drawers out and everything. And most of those in there have been in there a long time now, so if they are still good, then they should be really good :LOL:

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
I found two old threads regarding cigars, but figured I'd start something fresh.

I was pretty into cigars about 10 years ago when I was working down by CBOT and had a ton of free time to stop in Jack Schwartz and smoke a stogie for lunch. I've recently started to dabble again.

Tonight I'm smoking an Oliva G Maduro, which has always been one of my 'go-to' cigars.

View attachment 132542
Had this brand recently. Very impressive.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Dried out cigars will lose some of their flavor due to the oils disappearing once they get stale. You can't replace that by bringing them back up to humidity. Are they smoke-able, absolutely, but they definitely wont be the same though. One reason why i never buy a bunch at one time. 5-10 at a time will last me 6 months.

Reactions: Jamesv82

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Man, my smoking has really slowed if not halted. Used to be a couple a week, I think it’s been one every 2-3 months this year.

Last thing I bought was a box of robusta My Fathers Cigars Flor De la Antilles.

I rarely spend over $10/stick on anything.

Smoke a lot of Romeo and Rocky patels.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Man, my smoking has really slowed if not halted. Used to be a couple a week, I think it’s been one every 2-3 months this year.

Last thing I bought was a box of robusta My Fathers Cigars Flor De la Antilles.

I rarely spend over $10/stick on anything.

Smoke a lot of Romeo and Rocky patels.
The judge is a good one by MF

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I used to smoke Occidental Reserves (natural, usually toros or torpedos). Really liked them, but about 10-15 years ago they changed manufacturer. Disappointed in the new ones.

Still looking for a decent replacement. I like the naturals with a mild flavor.

Friends bought me back some blended from little Havana in Miami and they were excellent.

When I used to go to my dad’s old place we’d just smoke seconds when our tooling around on the ATV’s or while shooting. Saved the good stuff till after, while in the hot tub drinking beers.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
My dad gave me these last weekend. Anyone have them before?

View attachment 135495

I've had them a few times before. I think most of them tend to be on the stronger side, so pace yourself if you're not a regular smoker.

The first cigar I ever smoked was a Gurkha that came in a wax-sealed glass tube. I drove around after school and smoked it relatively quickly, and then had to call off work and take a nap due to the nicotine OD. lol

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Being its a special occasion, and I was stuffed with turkey and pie, I felt the only option tonight was to bust out a stick and relax outside for a bit. Since I can't even remember the last time I smoked, I went all in and grabbed a Montecristo Cuban I've been saving for.........shit, probably at least 5 years now. Paired it w/ a Godfather (2 parts Scotch to 1 part Amaretto) And blasted some blues and roots rock music from spotify on my newly acquired jbl flip 6 to try and drown out the mexican accordion aye aye aye music that was being blasted by some house all the way across my canal in the backyard.

23Z2Tgl.jpg

TTD1XMW.jpg

Cigar was still good. Not dry, but I had to keep encouraging the edges to burn w/ my lighter a little bit all the way throughout.

And just because, a shot of my favorite ultraboosts.

uBwm8VX.jpg

Reactions: boostedguy05

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Posted in the whiskey thread, but it applies here too, so why not!

OJ7MbKQ.jpg

since it was ONLY about 90 out, and we're going to be WELL into the triple digits by next week, thought i'd spend one of the last cool nights sitting out. Grabbed some makers 109 proof, and paired it with one of my makers cigars. Was a damn good combo. I was a little leary, I've had this for years now (still have 2 more actually) and I can't remember exactly how long I've had them or where I even got them from, but man. Gotta say it was PERFECTLY preserved in that glass tube. Drew well and burned evenly the entire way. Gives me hope for my other 2 I still have

Thread Info