The Chicago Garage visits P&L Motorsports in Lisle

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
TCG welcomed P&L Motorsports onboard as a sponsor last week, and coincidentally enough, I had a dyno appointment scheduled to baseline a work car on their all-wheel drive Dynojet. P&L Motorsports Inc.’s president, Paul Szuba, showed me around their all-new 22,000-square-foot shop in Lisle right next to Lisle Lanes and the Lisle BNSF train station.

P&L’s new shop is massive, and filled with enough machinery and parts to build just about anything you can imagine for the street or track. P&L has an in-house CNC mill, CAD guy and manufacture their own line of parts assembled by a team of fabricators. Go figure; I had no clue they were that deep into fabrication. You can see their in-house cage work in the photos below that they fabricate on a chassis jig.

While I was there, P&L just finished tweaking a turbocharged, Subaru-powered Saker GT racecar with a new, wide-ratio gearbox for a customer who races in a series competing on Daytona’s road course. Their 1,200-whp-drag car was also chilling in the shop, which runs a manual transmission and has clicked off 8s at 160 mph.

Paul knows very well TCG has only a handful of Subaru owners on our site, but is filled with do-it-yourselfers who may need help with a little fabrication to finish a project or are in need of an alignment, wheel mounting and balancing or dyno pulls. They also have a mandrel pipe bender, offer TIG/MIG welding and even every day services like general maintenance.

P&L’s goal of joining our community is to spread the word that they offer these types of non-make-specific services. They’re about 80% moved-in, but as you can see P&L is fully operational in their new digs and ready to take on work. Give `em a call at 847-678-4311, and check out their sponsor sub-forum on TCG here: P&L Motorsports - The Chicago Garage

[MENTION=12311]P&L Motorsports[/MENTION]

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Jesus, that shop really is ginormous :rofl:

Great write up, Joe!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Sweet shop! If I ever need fabrication that I don't have the tools for I know who to call.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Oh my god that place is huge! I visited the place in franklin park twice and this new place is massive compared to that!

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
I have been passing the shop on my way hame everyday and kept noticing more and more rides out front.. I will be hitting them up this winter for sure, shop looks amazing..

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have been passing the shop on my way hame everyday and kept noticing more and more rides out front.. I will be hitting them up this winter for sure, shop looks amazing..
They had an impressive lineup out front when I pulled up. BRZ with one of their turbo kits, that Saker and a lifted Forester I drooled over.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
How did no one call me out on that :rofl:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score

That pile of dirt in the back is a bit strange....

Looks photoshopped. lol

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Rally cars, man.

P&L Motorsports

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping in Joe! Hope the dyno testing went well for you while you were here.

Sweet shop! If I ever need fabrication that I don't have the tools for I know who to call.
Oh my god that place is huge! I visited the place in franklin park twice and this new place is massive compared to that!
Feel free to stop in anytime guys. The new shop is really coming together now that we've been here a few months. We've got about twice the square footage as our old facility to play with.

They had an impressive lineup out front when I pulled up. BRZ with one of their turbo kits, that Saker and a lifted Forester I drooled over.
The lifted Forester is my daily :bigthumb: Thinking about getting some 30" M/Ts on it next.

That pile of dirt in the back is a bit strange....

Looks photoshopped. lol
Rally cars, man.
Yep, it's our rally car test stage, lol. That is actually the giant dirt and rubble pile from digging our dyno pit. We will be completely filling in that area of the loading dock and putting our alignment rack there.

Ty @ P&L

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
i've passed by that place so many times wondering what a bunch of subarus are doing parked out front. great looking shop though! along with some wicked rides :bigthumb:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
C300. Top secret. Will publish article in a few weeks. Getting track times this weekend.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
I take it BP speed shop is an inside joke? You guys meet up at the BP on maple?
yeah, inside joke of sorts :rofl: we wrench on our own shitbox race cars once in a blue moon at a shop north of you guys, on the corner of warrenville rd/53. we used to have meets once or twice a week back in the day though :nutz:

P&L Motorsports

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
yeah, inside joke of sorts :rofl: we wrench on our own shitbox race cars once in a blue moon at a shop north of you guys, on the corner of warrenville rd/53. we used to have meets once or twice a week back in the day though :nutz:
Ah, opposite direction down the street than what I was thinking. Not a bad spot, easy highway access for test and tuning after installs. :gears:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom