The Chicago Garage Top Ten Lap Times - Road Courses

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Not the same car in any right but I run -3.0 camber on my Mazda3 with 1/8 inch toe out and I don't have any abnormal wear. My Hankook RS-4's last me about 1.5-2 years which is about 15k miles and like 10-12 track days.

Only ever driven slow cars (12a and a 13b powered rx7) at road america so your video shows why faster cars like it there for sure.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Not the same car in any right but I run -3.0 camber on my Mazda3 with 1/8 inch toe out and I don't have any abnormal wear. My Hankook RS-4's last me about 1.5-2 years which is about 15k miles and like 10-12 track days.

Only ever driven slow cars (12a and a 13b powered rx7) at road america so your video shows why faster cars like it there for sure.

it's part of midwest 86 cup this year so i'll be heading up, but have been there only once, an eternity ago with an sti. looks like at least 3 areas for me to just sleep in with the brz! part of the reason i haven't gone is long straights and figuring it's harder on tires/brakes cuz the speeds, then again, maybe it's a lot easier on brakes anyway than somewhere like blackhawk.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Not sure if anyone is tracking this anymore, but I managed a 2:44.31 today for autobahn full for my second time out in the ZL1 1LE on the OE goodyear eagle f1 supercar 3R tires:

GGUnLsx.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MueZ4S4tHGA

***edited video to just be hot lap***

nice work can you put this in the format needed to cut and paste. and ill updated it

thanks

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
PS hi everybody
[MENTION=11102]J-LO[/MENTION] - missed your comment about me not using my car for the faster ABCC lap... so... FINE... *sigh* (LOL)

Now the question is: are you gonna beat your own laps with your shiny new Cayman? :D

I'll tell you - if I find a decent shape set of used R7's... knowing what I know now about correct pressures, and adding in more camberzz I'm gunning for legit 15s at BHF....

15's or bust LOL

hey a mans got to do what a mans got to do to hold on to his spot, even if both parties know the you will topple it at some point hahaha.

it will be interesting to see my times in a gt4 vs the z06, but that will have to wait for now.

im pretty sure with new tires you will have the top spot at abc full and 15's at bhf, its just a matter of time.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
15's or bust LOL

hey a mans got to do what a mans got to do to hold on to his spot, even if both parties know the you will topple it at some point hahaha.

it will be interesting to see my times in a gt4 vs the z06, but that will have to wait for now.

im pretty sure with new tires you will have the top spot at abc full and 15's at bhf, its just a matter of time.

LOL it's fair. Gotta play by the rules. Truth be told, I'd do the same thing if the situation were reversed lol :) All in good fun tho.

Fingers crossed my control arm shims arrive by Friday. Level'd the lift last night (as close as I can get it) and I was able to get relatively accurate measurements on the existing camber and toe settings.

Next up is to take it all apart, make changes, put it back together. Gonna add ~.5^ all the way around. Should put me right at 3 up front and 2.5 out back.

Conservative compared to the notes I have from when I got my car back the first time - they attempted to set it at 3.5/3.2. I'm not going to go that wild at first.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
any of you going to be at any of the lapsinc mondays? I'm registered for the next 3.

I should be at all of the Autobahn LAPS events. I split up the classroom and turn-by-turn sessions with Bob and Ken.

Not sure if I'll be driving at any of them. Currently need new (track) tires, and have a few other bills I need to solve before I spend that money.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
I should be at all of the Autobahn LAPS events. I split up the classroom and turn-by-turn sessions with Bob and Ken.

Not sure if I'll be driving at any of them. Currently need new (track) tires, and have a few other bills I need to solve before I spend that money.

ah, so you are staff! Thanks for all the work you do! I was in the classroom this past Monday, always very informative.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
Forgot about this thread... thanks J-LO J-LO

Username of car owner: OmniGLH
Driver Name: OmniGLH
Track: Autobahn
Configuration: North
Car Driven: 2006 Cayman
Tires: RE-71R
Lap Time: 1:10.66
Method of data acquisition: AiM SoloDL
Link to video or results (optional):

Username of car owner: OmniGLH
Driver Name: OmniGLH
Track: Autobahn
Configuration: South
Car Driven: 2006 Cayman
Tires: RE-71R
Lap Time: 1:36.42
Method of data acquisition: AiM SoloDL
Link to video or results (optional): camera battery died :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info