The Chicago Garage Top Ten Lap Times - Road Courses

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
yeah it seems the original design was shit, used on other cars as well... not sure if they have the problem of the 86s, but it feels like all of a sudden they are all going as there's very frequent posts about it now. the part has been redesigned and i have one coming.
another guy who was at laps had his completely blow up tuesday and he needed a tow. same day mine started - i thought only when i hit the clutch, but now even not. looking at exhaust changes and new clutch and bearings at the same time - not driving my car and waiting on parts now. my cuz is gonna do it and hopefully he is able to take it to work without it blowing up.

curious what your throttle looks like compared to mine, seems you should be on it early as balls, was interesting to see how much earlier that artie was getting on it than me.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
36446289_10156428054199941_6058868123463843840_n.jpg

andy at gridlife today, autobahn south - 1:22.9

dat's fast

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
The kink isn't that scary once you've been through it a few times.

Bit blind, but not as sharp as one might think.

Yeah I have more experience with the bend because chump car runs that. Just can't imagine running that corner in say SCCA or Nasa sprints with door 2 door racing.

Mostly it is the lack of runoff for if you run out of skill.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I need to do gingerman / Putnam and road America

Funny you say that, i was at Putnam and road america last month and am going to gingerman in 3 weeks lol. On the bike, not in a car. Never been to gingerman but I love Putnam and RA

I don't mind the kink except for the fact that it's incredibly slow. I'd love to try RA without it. This last time I got on the throttle too hard coming out of it and the back tire got loose enough to throw me on top of the tank when TC finally kicked in. Scared the hell out of me, especially considering there's no runoff as mentioned above. 95* heat and my 3rd track day on that rear = limited traction

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i got a 1:25.08 on my 225 gt radial SX2 with aim at blackhawk. i'd probably be able to scrape of 1 second if not 2 on some sticky tires. felt pretty good going around on them, most fun i've had at blackhawk; we were in a time trials group and once the lap times were used to order us the group ran pretty clean. plus we only had 11 of us in the group. due to it being monday and some other buds being at work, i barely eeked out first place in our midwest 86 cup group, which earned me 1 free tire!

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
i got a 1:25.08 on my 225 gt radial SX2 with aim at blackhawk. i'd probably be able to scrape of 1 second if not 2 on some sticky tires. felt pretty good going around on them, most fun i've had at blackhawk; we were in a time trials group and once the lap times were used to order us the group ran pretty clean. plus we only had 11 of us in the group. due to it being monday and some other buds being at work, i barely eeked out first place in our midwest 86 cup group, which earned me 1 free tire!

Added, nice job!

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Intel | Mark | 2012 Mazda3 skyactiv | 225 Hankook RS4| 1:29.050 | NA | racecapture

First weekend at Blackhawk Farms. Rough first day, running on 4 hours of sleep, not enough water early enough for the heat, car had tons of traction issues and just couldn't find grip. Couldn't figure out the line through 3 and 7 (still having issues with 7)

Managed to have my first real 4 off in a while trailbraking and carrying too much speed into 3. FWD can oversteer too ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgVmC8damfQ

Slept 10 hours, played with air pressure and rebound on the front of the car and it just found so much more grip.

Best lap.
https://youtu.be/mRQ3iWZmEws?t=3m6s

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
got loose around there myself, didn't go off though that looks like quite the ride! thankfully nuffin bad there.

man that place is brutal on brakes and all temps across the board

Yeah I got lucky that my brake temps were almost within range. Had to come off once because of an issue without a cool down lap and my brakes were smoking.

Guy I was there with was having oil and fuel temp issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info