The Chicago Garage Top Ten Lap Times - Road Courses

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It's crazy to me with the ABSURD amount of money at that track, how bumpy it is. I've legit never been to a bumpier track. Can't believe people pay $40k+ in signup costs to be a member there tbh.

I only do the north course, was just there saturday, and the huge bump in braking zone for t1 gets my back tire all sideways every fucking time. I know i'm giving up 1-2 seconds there because I can't brake as late as I normally would without almost losing it over the bump

It's my least fav track for sure but I go there because it's convenient, any other track day is an overnighter

Bump location circled in green

View attachment 99577
How much did the bump upset the front end though? I don't care too much about the back end sliding around, at least on my 600. It's not that hard to control. If I can manage to keep it inline after it stepped out at RA T11 doing about 100-110mph.... Granted momentum did help.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Phalabala Phalabala you still recommend the garmin? I know you seemed to like it and found the coaching useful too.
Do they ever go on sale? Hard for me to drop a $1000 on one.
I love it! It continued to be helpful each time out and at least in my case it is way easier than lugging out the laptop and reading the footage from the PDR. I still highly recommend it, I only saw them on sale once for black friday and it was like 10% off or so.

Reactions: J-LO

fasteddie123

Regular
Apr 18, 2009
Username of car owner: fasteddie123
Driver Name: Charlie
Track: Road America
Configuration: Full
Car Driven: Sebeco NP01-Evo
Tires: Hankook RS4
Lap Time: 2:27.999
Method of data acquisition:(required photo proof of lap for top 5 lap times) AIM MXL2
Link to video or results (required for top 5 lap times):

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Track: Blackhawk
Car Driven: Pro Formula Mazda
Tires: Cooper PFM Spec tire
Lap Time: 1:07.009
Method of data acquisition: Cosworth PI

Ok, that’s bad ass. Do you own that car? Is it still raced in a series. Pretty impressive how it can handle the curbs at Blackhawk.

Reactions: fasteddie123

fasteddie123

Regular
Apr 18, 2009
Ok, that’s bad ass. Do you own that car? Is it still raced in a series. Pretty impressive how it can handle the curbs at Blackhawk.

Thanks! This video is a few years old. At the time, it was raced in the Pro Mazda Championship (now Indy Pro with the PM-18) in the Road to Indy. The car belonged to the team I drove for at the time, Ice 9 Motorsports. When the team folded, I ended up with all 4 cars but I sold them to a member at Autobahn. Now I drive an NP01 with a team in WRL.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Track: Putnam
Car Driven: Sebeco NP01-Evo
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact Force
Lap Time: 1:11.74
Method of data acquisition:(required photo proof of lap for top 5 lap times) AIM MXL2

Damnit!, someone on here went around putnam faster than me (1:15.3). 1:11 is flying

Looks like a blast, I'm jelly of those corner speeds lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Thats awesome! I'm genuinely impressed by people who track bikes. it looks like a whole 'nother level!
Here’s the vid from a couple years ago. Looking at the mistakes I know I could prob to low 14’s, we’ll see if I make it back there this year

Reactions: fasteddie123

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
J-LO J-LO
I'm going to submit some lap times so I can get on the board, even if its not looked at very often and by few lol

Username of car owner: Whiteknuckle
Driver Name: Pete Schuch
Track: Blackhawk Farms
Car Driven: 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Tires: Goodyear Eagle Supercar 3s
Lap Time: 1:21.26
Method of data acquisition:(required photo proof of lap for top 5 lap times) Racebox Mini

1659408090554.png

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Track: Autobahn Country Club
Configuration: North
Lap Time: 1:12.73
Method of data acquisition:(required photo proof of lap for top 5 lap times) Racebox Mini

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Track: Road America
Configuration: Full w/kink
Lap Time: 2:42.44
Method of data acquisition:(required photo proof of lap for top 5 lap times)Harry’s Lap Timer

1659409673626.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info