The Chicago Garage Top Ten Lap Times - Road Courses

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Anyone know the LAPS people personally? I can always sneak into gridlife stuff because we're besties, but I don't know the LAPS people. :tear:

I've been attending laps events for years (always go through them for ABCC access except one dealer event there). I always bail out early afternoon so never gotten to know the staff that well outside of the track (they always go grab beers after to let the traffic die down, and welcome drivers) but have gotten to know the owner if you need contact info to reach out?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I've been attending laps events for years (always go through them for ABCC access except one dealer event there). I always bail out early afternoon so never gotten to know the staff that well outside of the track (they always go grab beers after to let the traffic die down, and welcome drivers) but have gotten to know the owner if you need contact info to reach out?

Right now I'm unable to get scheduled vacation days off. Right now it's "if it work out, no problem" so I can't commit to anything for the next 2 months. I'd just need a way to sneak in if I can get the time off to do it. I don't want to risk throwing away money if I'm stuck being a punk ass bitch at work.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
how are the new hood vents? was that directly related to keeping the coils cool and forcing the hot header air out?

yes, they've been shown to reduce underhood temps (i think the only thing that does, i think ceramic coating for this reason is a myth) - i actually have a thermocouple thermometer and readings from every pack from a track day. i'm going to the subaru one the 8th and will rig it up again and take new readings. the passenger (header) side is hotter, but it's not very much (like 20f) - so it doesn't seem like it has to drop too much to noticeably extend their life. we'll see how this goes.

ZIMQrfA.jpg

heat is def dumping out of these guys after a cruise around. which it hasn't been doing much lately as my buddy is rebuilding the calipers at the moment.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I actually just changed them before the last 2 track days. 5yrs and 24 track days they lasted, and are probably still fine but they had a bunch of tiny cracks all over them. Figured I would spend $46 and get new ones. They only crack because people suck? IDK...

Also, they were $22 centric rotors from Rock Auto, no special BS, just metal that was made in such a way that they didn't suck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info