The Chevrolet Blazer Is Back As A Crossover

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
pbysc9t9ib662u98d7vv.png

hpdomsh0cufjyrgrxrfo.jpg

After a silly teaser showing a dude in a blazer, the Chevy Blazer is making a comeback next year as a stylish crossover that lacks the body-on-frame four-wheel drive credentials of its predecessor.

The new Blazer will slot between the Equinox and Traverse crossovers in Chevy’s lineup. It’ll be a unibody structure with front-wheel or all-wheel drive options, but no serious off-roading chops.

Engines are either a 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 193 horsepower and 188 lb-ft of torque or a 3.6-liter V6 with 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, with only a nine-speed automatic transmission available.

Base Blazers start with 18-inch wheels, with the RS and Premier trims getting 20-inch wheels with the option to upgrade to 21-inches. The RS is the one with the blackened accents on the exterior, as well as red touches inside, and the Premier gets chrome trim and dual-tone seating.

The new two-row mid-size crossover seats five, with an eight-inch infotainment touchscreen with available Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Wi-Fi hotspot with 4G LTE, six USB ports, and optional wireless phone charging, hands-free tailgate, panoramic sunroof and a towing capability of 4,500 pounds with the appropriate package.

RS and Premier models will get a rear-view mirror camera and automatic cruise control with more safety features to be announced later, and it will go on sale early next year.

I think it looks pretty good. It looks better as a Camaro-inspired crossover than the new Camaro does as just a Camaro.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was one of the first back in the day to jump on the SUV bandwagon before they became a trend. I had full size and then many S-platform variants over the years, then back to Tahoe's and Suburban's. Now I want another sedan and they're going to all be gone because of this craze.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info