The Chevrolet Blazer Is Back As A Crossover

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I think it looks good...

The days of body on frame suv's are pretty much dead not sure why some are so upset. This trend has been here for well over a decade now. wHy dId THey hAvE tO cALl iT a blAzEr??? Lol
This. Everyone went to crossovers in search of fuel economy and ride comfort and gone are the days of straight axles and frame rails. Dealwithit.gif

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Yea, making the vehicle a crossover you know, the thing that actually sells well- and not making a cheaper Tahoe to cannibalize their sales is such a dumb move.:picard:

Suburban

Tahoe

Traverse

Equinox

Trax

Yukon XL

Yukon

Acadia

Terrain

Escalade EL

Escalade

XT5

XT4

Enclave

Envision

Encore

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Thats 16 SUVs/Crossovers.

Back to prebailout GM making 97 versions of essential the same vehicles. Obviously some of these share the same platform but GM as a whole does not need another SUV/Crossover.

Sadly I dont doubt it will sell simply because people are retarded and bipolar.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Traverse/Acadia/enclave are not an equinox..... they are much bigger. The blazer will be sized between traverse and equinox. I know I don’t want something the size of a traverse and I don’t want something ugly and anemic like the equinox. Seems like this would be a good choice for me.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Traverse/Acadia/enclave are not an equinox..... they are much bigger. The blazer will be sized between traverse and equinox (think a Chevy branded envision). I know I don’t want something the size of a traverse and I don’t want something ugly and anemic like the equinox. Seems like this would be a good choice for me.

This isnt 1980 if you are basing a vehicle choice on if it has a V6 or a turbo 4 cylinder you need to catch up with the times or if you still insist on a V6 Id suggest you look elsewhere besides GM..... :rofl: Like an Ecoboost Explorer or Dodge Durango or Dodge Journey or Honda Pilot or one of the 29586826496 other SUVs currently available.

I wont argue the Blazer wont sell I just have a hard time understanding how it remotely makes sense especially from a company that already offers 16 different SUVs or Crossovers.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Yea, making the vehicle a crossover you know, the thing that actually sells well- and not making a cheaper Tahoe to cannibalize their sales is such a dumb move.:picard:

I'm really not sure if you're serious . I could give a shit about crossovers, they ruined a classic name , and also fwd . Again .

They already redesigned the tahoe it wouldn't be that hard to cut two doors off it and sell it for a cheaper price . I bet they would sell quite a few .

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'm really not sure if you're serious . I could give a shit about crossovers, they ruined a classic name , and also fwd . Again .

They already resigned the tahoe it wouldn't be that hard to cut two doors off it and sell it for a cheaper price . I bet they would sell quite a few .

I am serious. Right now the market trend is CUVs. I mean look at Ford, they aren’t even doing cars anymore. Automakers don’t give a shit about heritage, they care about sales. And car enthusiasts don’t buy enough new cars for manufacturers to give a shit what they want (GTO and SS come to mind). Sad but true

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Suburban

Tahoe

Traverse

Equinox

Trax

Yukon XL

Yukon

Acadia

Terrain

Escalade EL

Escalade

XT5

XT4

Enclave

Envision

Encore

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Thats 16 SUVs/Crossovers.

Back to prebailout GM making 97 versions of essential the same vehicles. Obviously some of these share the same platform but GM as a whole does not need another SUV/Crossover.

Sadly I dont doubt it will sell simply because people are retarded and bipolar.

In reality though, that's really only 5 platforms/vehicles used in total (obviously Cadillac and Buick don't have something on all of them). So this will add a 6th, again, filling a hole between the Equinox and Traverse.

While all brands may have their versions, this isn't 1980 anymore where all that was changed was a grill and some trim to make it applicable to whatever division. While the body shells and powertrains may still be the same across the brands, there is enough differentiation going from a Chevy Traverse to a Buick Enclave. Or a Chevy Suburban to a Cadillac Escalade.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I am serious. Right now the market trend is CUVs. I mean look at Ford, they aren’t even doing cars anymore. Automakers don’t give a shit about heritage, they care about sales. And car enthusiasts don’t buy enough new cars for manufacturers to give a shit what they want (GTO and SS come to mind). Sad but true

MOTHERFUCKING :werd:

Car enthusiasts make up probably less than 1% of the market. Shit even some car enthusiasts don't give enough of a shit and will buy CUV's for wives, and one for themselves in addition to their "toy."

The vast majority of the market wants all the SUV's/CUV's. Ford was losing hand over fist on every car they sold, and was making money hand over fist on all the CUV's they sold. Car manufacturers will throw out a bone to the enthusiast every now and again, but like the GTO and SS no enthusiasts wanted to buy them because they weren't used Terminators, 4th Gen's, or Foxes (I can buy a $5000 4th gen and go WAY faster for cheaper than an SS!!!1!!! HURPTY DERP!!!)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
MOTHERFUCKING :werd:

Car enthusiasts make up probably less than 1% of the market. Shit even some car enthusiasts don't give enough of a shit and will buy CUV's for wives, and one for themselves in addition to their "toy."

The vast majority of the market wants all the SUV's/CUV's. Ford was losing hand over fist on every car they sold, and was making money hand over fist on all the CUV's they sold. Car manufacturers will throw out a bone to the enthusiast every now and again, but like the GTO and SS no enthusiasts wanted to buy them because they weren't used Terminators, 4th Gen's, or Foxes (I can buy a $5000 4th gen and go WAY faster for cheaper than an SS!!!1!!! HURPTY DERP!!!)

the disconnect from car enthusiasts and actual new car buying public has likely never been a greater distance than it is now i'd bet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’d say cost has to be the #1 factor for that. Cars are too damn expensive now

I'm unsure if that's it entirely.

I primarily think it's because of how even the most basic vehicles nowadays, perform so well across the board, and past that, people don't care.

Most basic AF new SUV's will do 0-60 as quick as if not quicker than most anything that was out from when cars became a thing up until the mid to late 90s... and then get mid to high 20mpgs doing it while basically driving for you.

my bro in law got a brand new 6 speed ss vert- his wife and mine had to run to the store yesterday- both of them drive stick plenty well...... annnnd they chose to take my wife's crv

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I'm unsure if that's it entirely.

I primarily think it's because of how even the most basic vehicles nowadays, perform so well across the board, and past that, people don't care.

Most basic AF new SUV's will do 0-60 as quick as if not quicker than most anything that was out from when cars became a thing up until the mid to late 90s... and then get mid to high 20mpgs doing it while basically driving for you.

my bro in law got a brand new 6 speed ss vert- his wife and mine had to run to the store yesterday- both of them drive stick plenty well...... annnnd they chose to take my wife's crv

:picard: That is sad KJ. Indeed a sign of the times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info