Photography The cell phone pic thread

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Can you PM me some details about the trip? Things to see, places to stay, things to avoid, etc? G/F is off the first week of August and are thinking of going back to MI. We did Holland, MI last year. Gardens and plants are high on her list of things she enjoys.
Will do bud, does she like wine?

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Very nice!

I’ve only done the Manitou incline and came down the Barr Trail.
this was my first climb ever, and quite possibly my last. HA! my knees and legs are still killing me. Barr Trail is a 13 mile trail each way, probably wasn't the best choice for my first ever climb. Not to mention i worked thursday night (6p-6a) after leaving work fri morning, i drove straight to the airport to catch the plane. so the first 6 miles was on 0 sleep, then i slept like shit in the tent friday night.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
this was my first climb ever, and quite possibly my last. HA! my knees and legs are still killing me. Barr Trail is a 13 mile trail each way, probably wasn't the best choice for my first ever climb. Not to mention i worked thursday night (6p-6a) after leaving work fri morning, i drove straight to the airport to catch the plane. so the first 6 miles was on 0 sleep, then i slept like shit in the tent friday night.
That’s awesome man, love it and super jelly!

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just seems like such a random thing to do, I’ve never gone up the Barr trail, just down it on a bike.
I can understand it as someone who loves hiking, being outdoors/in nature. Hiking allows you to take in the awesome views and get some exercise.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I can understand it as someone who loves hiking, being outdoors/in nature. Hiking allows you to take in the awesome views and get some exercise.
Paying to fly 1000 miles each way to only hike the Barr trail (and taking two days) just seems.....crazy :rofl:

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Paying to fly 1000 miles each way to only hike the Barr trail (and taking two days) just seems.....crazy :rofl:
I would imagine flights are dirt cheap right now and lodging probably isn't bad either. So the amount of time spent there isn't a big deal if he wanted to get away for a few days.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m super glad you’re here to speak for this guy as if I’m personally attacking him for coming here to hike a trail :rofl:

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe he will. And just like you feel you can be a dick, I can call you out on it.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe he will. And just like you feel you can be a dick, I can call you out on it.
Yea the :rofl: is a huge dick emoji and you totally got me with your “call out”. I feel so defeated now. Glad you stuck up for him as a fellow avid hiker, when do we get to hike together? It’s only an hour drive for me to the Barr trail. See you next week?

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
You were shitting on him because he flew out to Colorado just to hike for 2 days because you can't understand why he would do that.

Stop acting like you are in high school.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Reaction score
You were shitting on him because he flew out to Colorado just to hike for 2 days because you can't understand why he would do that.

Most people can hike a 14’er in a day if you start early in the morning. He’s saying it’s an awful long way to come to do one hike and turn around a go home.

More power to him to do it, but if you’re coming all the way to CO there’s other hikes and things to see in 48 hours to get out of 6 hours of travel and the effort to get there. DIA isn’t “close” to the mountains so it’s quite a bit of logistics and work just to get to the flatirons.

Regardless, let’s all take a breather lol.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score

And it’s a wild thing to do JUST to go up a day hike trail, hence my .....but why.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Most people can hike a 14’er in a day if you start early in the morning. He’s saying it’s an awful long way to come to do one hike and turn around a go home.

More power to him to do it, but if you’re coming all the way to CO there’s other hikes and things to see in 48 hours to get out of 6 hours of travel and the effort to get there. DIA isn’t “close” to the mountains so it’s quite a bit of logistics and work just to get to the flatirons.

Regardless, let’s all take a breather lol.
I get all of that, but rather than ask why and laugh, why not recommend something since you live there or are familiar with the area?

It would be just as easy to say "Hey that's cool. Next time you are planning a trip out to Colorado hit me up and I can recommend some stuff that will make your trip better like............."

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I get all of that, but rather than ask why and laugh, why not recommend something since you live there or are familiar with the area?

It would be just as easy to say "Hey that's cool. Next time you are planning a trip out to Colorado hit me up and I can recommend some stuff that will make your trip better like............."
The ignore button comes in handy for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom