Gaming The Callisto Protocol (Glen Schofield of Dead Space fame)

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

I don't get the whole "300 years after PUBG" bit in the description though.

The origins of The Callisto Protocol began with the formation of Striking Distance as a studio within PUBG Corporation in June 2019, helmed by Glen Schofield, who had previously co-created the Dead Space series at Visceral Games. The studio was created to expand the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) universe by creating a narrative driven game. Schofield said that when he met with PUBG Corporation where they explained their goal to expand the PUBG narrative, he had already the concept for The Callisto Protocol in mind and presented that to them and worked with them to fit his idea into their universe. Schofield wanted to keep the game grounded in reality to some degree, and thus selected a potentially human-colonizable location like Callisto as the setting. The moon has been theorized to have a subsurface ocean of water, which Schofield believed could offer a mystery to tie into the game.

Among others working on the game include Steve Papoutsis, who also co-developed the Dead Space series and led the series following Schofield's departure from Visceral; Scott Whitney, a designer on the Dead Space series; and Christopher Stone, the animation director for the former series. Of the 150 employees of Striking Distance, Schofield said that about 25 to 30 former coworkers from Visceral Games and Sledgehammer Games are part of Striking Distance working on The Callisto Protocol.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'm guessing the PUBG thing is a typo.

Turk Turk, this is up your alley.
Read the wiki quote. Striking Distance was brought on by the PUBG developers because they wanted a "narrative based game" to tie into PUBG.

I really hope that's just the zoomer hype to get people to like it but if the majority of DS devs are working on this, I'm already in.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Thought I recognized this. This trailer came out quite awhile ago. But I'm in for the dead space talent and dead space vibes. When the first dead space came out, I legitimately could not play more than 1 level at a time because that's all my nerves could handle :LOL::LOL: Dead space 2 was even more awesome. 3.....................ehh

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
18123DF1-A2A6-4CFE-95B2-98A9AA3EE5DB.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info