TV The Beatles: Get Back (Disney+)

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

3 episodes, each episode is roughly 3 hours.

I've never been a huge Beatles fan, but I can acknowledge how much this band accomplished in 8 or 9 years and how they changed music forever.

The first episode took a bit to get going. I've got an hour or so left of episode 2, I stopped at the end of one of the days (great way to pause in the middle of an episode)

If you like music, The Beatles or documentaries, this is for you.

Also, Linda Eastman (later McCartney) was gorgeous! Wow!

And Yoko is crazy, then and now.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Huge beatles fan but my god does Peter Jackson know how to make shit unnecessarily long. I mean itā€™s cool and all seeing their writing process but jeez after the first 24 times going through the same song and complaining that it doesnā€™t sound right it gets old. Iā€™ll just watch the rooftop concert and actually enjoy myself

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Huge beatles fan but my god does Peter Jackson know how to make shit unnecessarily long. I mean itā€™s cool and all seeing their writing process but jeez after the first 24 times going through the same song and complaining that it doesnā€™t sound right it gets old. Iā€™ll just watch the rooftop concert and actually enjoy myself

Ah, see as a music fan, I appreciate that. I wish I had the musical talent to be in a rock band. I tried to learn both guitar and bass in my late teens/early 20s and I was never good at either. So seeing their creative process is really cool to me.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Ah, see as a music fan, I appreciate that. I wish I had the musical talent to be in a rock band. I tried to learn both guitar and bass in my late teens/early 20s and I was never good at either. So seeing their creative process is really cool to me.
I was in several bands. And their process was interesting but even I have a limit to watching people noodle around on instruments. My poor wife was trying to fake interest and finally made me turn it off with like 40 minutes left in the first episode

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I was in several bands. And their process was interesting but even I have a limit to watching people noodle around on instruments. My poor wife was trying to fake interest and finally made me turn it off with like 40 minutes left in the first episode

LOL, my wife was on her phone while I was watching the first episode, when I turned it off she commented that it was the most boring thing she'd ever seen. She's not a fan of documentaries at all, so I didn't expect her to be interested in this. I love a good documentary!

That first hour of the first episode was a bit rough to get through, it starts to pick up after that.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I was in bands, we tended to focus on the songs in hand. I'd usually try stuff on bass while we were learning a new song or cover.

I won't be watching this, the Beatles are way too poppy and light for me. #heavymetal #numetal #symphonicmetal ftw

giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I was in bands, we tended to focus on the songs in hand. I'd usually try stuff on bass while we were learning a new song or cover.

I won't be watching this, the Beatles are way too poppy and light for me. #heavymetal #numetal #symphonicmetal ftw
Metal, of any kind, would not exist if it weren't for the Beatles.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Eh don't agree. Plenty of other early rock bands, they were one of the lightest, but I digress.
Literally every rock band in that era existed solely because of the Beatles. The Beatles obviously had some influence too, like Chuck Berry, but they are totally responsible for every rock band after them to have success.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info