Movie The Batman coming in 2021 - Affleck is out

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
MV5BODcxMDI3NDQ1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTY1Nzg3MTE@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
'The Batman': Matt Reeves Script Length Revealed

A new update from the Hollywood Reporter indicates the first draft for writer and director Reeves' script is hefty, clocking in at 160 pages so far. While there's no direct correlation to screen time, the basic rule of thumb indicates that one page is more-or-less equal to one minute of screen time, based on the amount of dialogue and screen direction included.

Of course, that will likely be cut down before principal photography begins, as stated by THR. Don't expect a nearly 3-hour Batman movie, but it does go to show that Reeves' idea for the film is quite substantial.

Is ‘The Batman’ Adapting ‘The Long Halloween?’

The Batman writer-director Matt Reeves promises a noir-driven, mystery-heavy tale highlighting the Dark Knight’s detective skills — could its story be influenced by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale’s The Long Halloween?

The 13-issue limited series, long seen by many as a defining story in Batman’s storied 80-year history, is set early on in the crime fighter’s career and leans into Bruce Wayne’s mantle as “the world’s greatest detective” who must decipher the identity behind a mysterious new gimmick killer known only as Holiday.

As the killer claims victims on holidays over the course of a year, Batman confronts high-profile members belonging to his prolific rogues gallery — Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, the Mad Hatter, Solomon Grundy, Riddler and ultimately Two-Face — while caught between warring mob families.

During his investigation, Batman is forced to turn to criminally insane and date-obsessed Arkham Asylum inmate Julian Day, the Calendar Man, to assist in his efforts to catch the elusive killer.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://screenrant.com/armie-hammer-batman-cast-matt-reeves/

According to*Revenge of the Fans, Hammer is final talks to be the lead in*The Batman. It's important to note that at this point in time, the actor has not officially boarded the project, but it's widely expected he will sign soon. In contrast, however,*The Wrap's*Umberto Gonzalez*tweeted there currently are*"no targeted names"*and*The Batman*lead will likely be someone younger than Hammer, who is 32 years old. Screen Rant reached out to the source and will update this post accordingly.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Myth busted

Speaking with Yahoo, Hammer said: “No one who can actually give me the job has asked me if I’m interested. I don’t even know if they are done — they are still working on a script. I don’t think that they are close to production but I can conclusively tell you that no one has checked my availability, which is a bummer.”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info