Disney+ The Bad Batch

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally watched ep 11. DEFINITE heavy Alien inspiration here, but the soundtrack really helped bring it all together. And while it was primarily Alien, I did feel a sense of Jurassic Park when the zillo beast was first revealed on screen finishing off that crew member, much like when you first see the T-rex swallowing the last bit of goat.

Great callbacks to the clone wars episodes, AND it seems to be trying to further retcon the whole rise of skywalker thing :ROFLMAO:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Great callbacks to the clone wars episodes, AND it seems to be trying to further retcon the whole rise of skywalker thing :ROFLMAO:
Honestly it feels the exact opposite. I feel that they're very clearly trying to show that Palps wants to use clone technology to clone himself, and then find a way to transfer himself into the clone. A long winded way of explaining "Somehow Palpatine returned".

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Honestly it feels the exact opposite. I feel that they're very clearly trying to show that Palps wants to use clone technology to clone himself, and then find a way to transfer himself into the clone. A long winded way of explaining "Somehow Palpatine returned".

Yeah thats really what I meant, that is exactly what they're doing :ROFLMAO:

Haven't watched finale yet. If I don't get to it tonight (which I probably wont) will definitely watch this weekend.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
keep forgetting to post up. watched 15 and 16 this weekend.

How dare this show make me feel feelings!!!!!

I've said it before, but it still just shocks me how good this show has become :ROFLMAO: When it was first announced I thought it would just a fun little spinoff to give these crazy clones something to do. Never did I think it would play this large of a role in the larger star wars universe.

Also, was I only one not shocked at all by the reveal that

the scientist was also a clone and related to Omega? I mean, it was PAINFULLY obvious to me the first time she showed up on screen. And if I caught onto it that quickly, surely I was not the only one. But that does raise some other very important questions that I hope will be answered...

But its still gonna make for a hell of a season 3.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Watch trailer first, THEN you will understand!
Not that the thumbnail doesn't give it away, but still. VENTRESS!!!!

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Love
Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
You know I seen a lotta about how could Ventress be back?? (probably don't even need to put it in spoilers at this point, not like its a big secret anymore :ROFLMAO: ) and "retcon" being thrown around all over the place, but this is exactly what I was thinking today. It's not a retcon, they already have a perfectly established device that they've USED several times before that would perfectly explain how this would have happened.

Also it sounds like Dark Disciple really needs to be my next book.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
first 3 eps next wednesday. god I cant wait. Tho I don't know if i'll be done w/ Dark Disciple by then........I'm about 3/4 of the way thru it now, and it has been fantastic. I REALLY wish that would have been made into a clone wars arc or mini movie. Thats what it was written for and it just never happened

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First 3 eps are out! And I just finished Dark Disciple today too! God that was good. There's the Ventress you know from clone wars, and then there's the Ventress you get to know in this book. Will be interested to see how much, if anything, they pull from this book to explain Ventress being in this season.

Will watch tonight.

Thread Info