Disney+ The Bad Batch

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm glad I did not multi-task, there is NO way once this episode started that I was gonna pause it for work.

The lighting, shot framing, music, directing. This is quite possibly the BEST episode this show has aired. This episode was pure distilled quality.

EP3 is up there with the final four episodes of Clone Wars S7.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I might need to rewatch it :ROFLMAO: That episode definitely impressed me more than I thought it would, but I wasn't getting those kinds of vibes off it. It was a very good episode tho
It sets up so much though in terms of character pay offs. And the shot framing said more than the dialogue. Its a deep episode with lots of subtext.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
ep 4 watched. Kind of a nothing episode really, but I IMMEDIATELY recognized who was voicing Tay-0 :LOL:

And actually

If I'm being honest the whole racing part w/ Tech was pretty cool too.
It was overall a fun episode. And , have to agree, TAY-0 was perfectly cast.

the only real plot advancement here is the nugget about CID’s past dealings. But that seems to balance out against her earlier statements that’s I think ring true. She has left that behind. I don’t think she’ll betray the clones. I do think her overconfidence and general greed will cause some issue down the line though.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
episode 5 watched. I actually loved this episode. Once again the animation and soundtrack were just on point, and sounded fantastic blasting thru my surround, and the not so subtle nods to indiana jones and goonies were just great.

And as usual SC has some REALLY interesting theories about this one

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
and 7 and 8 watched. Wow. You know when this show first started, I never thought we would see episodes like this with this much depth and connection to the greater star wars universe. Rebels always kinda felt like a continuation of clone wars, but this was something else. But they are more than proving that they can tell just as impactful stories and stand right alongside everything else.

The fact that they did all that, and unknowingly played EXACTLY into Palpatines hands was kinda heartbreaking and 1. just shows what kind of influence and power Palpatine has, and 2. shines kind of an uncomfortable light into how politics ACTUALLY work, even in the real world... And that final shot of Omega clutching her stuffed animal...

And I just also have to repeat that the animation level they achieve with these shows now are just stunning.

I highly suggest you watch this. These 2 episodes tie into SO much.

one final thought

Im on board with SC's theory that the assassin clone was part of some sort of super secret black ops group commissioned by Palpatine, probably created in one of his off world clone facilities because we've never seen anything like him until this point. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching the episode

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Jennifer Hale, always such a pleasure to hear her voice lines. And they also got Ian McDiarmid back as palpatine. So sinister.

And Kevin Kiners work on the musical score was on point. Loved hearing the Clones motif in the final scenes.

This is how Palpatine should always be played. Even when you win, he’s already manipulated you into doing his work anyways.

How is it that Disney can let people make stuff like this, but when it comes to the flagship stuff they let people ruin Kenobi?

Just reinforces my belief that Filoni should be put in charge of all Star Wars and be given a gain fucking ban hammer to strike down stupid ideas for shows.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally watched episode 10. Decent episode, and a continuation of episode 9 as you would have expected. Definitely got heavy temple of doom vibes from this episode :ROFLMAO: And I didnt need screencrush to point that out to me

but leave it to screencrush to make connections to clone wars, mandalorian, Andor, Solo, the original trilogy AND the sequel trilogy

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I enjoyed this episode, for a few reasons. I have to credit the animators and the directors here. The camera angles, and direction are really top notch this season, even though its only a 30m show that, on the surface, is aimed at kids, there are deeper more adult themes present. Which, on the whole, has been a huge part of the Animated Star Wars content (in Dave Filoni I Trust!).

The callback to Alien was great, very HR Giger, and the return of the Zillobeast is great, that was a fun Clone Wars episode, even if it doesn't move the main plot forward, if you are paying attention, and it helps to have seen clone wars, there are nuggets of future storylines being planted in this episode.

This season so far has has some excellent episodes that on the surface seem to be stand alone episodes (some of them are), but are actually laying the foundation for future story arcs in great ways.

Thread Info