Drag to reposition cover

BUILD The auto NA Supra build -- Jamming a 6.2L LS into a Supra.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Well guys, you tell me. Should I update this thread with pics and info, or just do videos? This is the only place I am posting about this currently, so its all up to you guys!!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Personally, I would prefer pics over vids. But this seems like an AWESOME video series in the making...so maybe I'm not the one to give an opinion haha.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I would prefer pics over vids. But this seems like an AWESOME video series in the making...so maybe I'm not the one to give an opinion haha.
I prefer pics over video too actually. Probably because I am terrible on camera, and hate HATE editing. Which is why I am SO far behind on the SC videos.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I prefer pictures over video for sure but if you’re looking for those YT monies….

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im good with anything. I understand this is kind of a side thing for you, so taking the time for vids/editing/etc may not be in the cards for you right now. This is awesome for sure, but you needs to get back to that SC!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
All I ask is that you keep your first post updated with links to the updates within your thread. I can help or Paul can help as needed. That will be a huge help when I share this ongoing. Yes, I'm being needy.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Well I am going to be doing video as well, I just figured for you guys I may as well do both. I am far away from youtube monies, so I doubt its much of a risk losing views :LOL:

I am also working on the SC along side this car, though this is higher priority of course.

Well I guess I will get to work writing up an update for you all. Its not super exciting, but its something :)

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Lets just dive back in where we left off. Once I had the motor ready to go, I had to be sure to get some pics to piss off the Supra boys

With that out of the way I closed up for the night. The next day my OCD got ahold of me again, and I had to start by changing out this bolt.

Ahh thats much better :)

I went out looking for trans fluid, and came up empty handed. Luckily I was able to get some from Amazon along with some new bellhousing bolts. And yes, I know I could have gotten some at a dealer, but I had already went all over looking for some.

Now that I had that, I busted out the converter which is a SUPER nice piece

Got it filled up, and thrown on the trans

Then got it bolted up to the motor

Before I threw it in the car, I got the trans cooler adapter installed and a new nut for the shifter arm

That cooler adapter comes back to bite me in the ass.

Lets get this big motherfucker into the car!

It put up a little bit of a fight, but not too bad really.

So in those pics it isnt sitting 100% in the car, and not just because I have to still build a trans crossmember, but you get the idea.

That is gonna do it for this installment. This covered day two basically. Long story short I am starting a new job tomorrow, and I wanted to get this done before that. Well now that I am getting the car 100% that isnt an option. Vince the owner of the car dropped off a bunch of parts, and we have been going over some of the details. I should be able to just keep plugging away at the car which is good. Obviously time is not going to be as abundant as it was, but I want to get this (and my car) knocked out ASAP. We need more LS cars ripping around :D

I will update later in the week with the work that happened over the end of the week and the weekend. Its not super dramatic, but got a lot of stuff figured out, and saw some stuff once it was up on the lift. Thats all for now, gotta get to bed to be ready for an actual job tomorrow!!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice and tight to the firewall. Looks like there could possibly be some room up front for additional modification later. 🤔

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Nice and tight to the firewall. Looks like there could possibly be some room up front for additional modification later. 🤔
I think it is maybe a little tighter to the firewall than my car, but dont forget the whole deal was leaning back in those pics. The passenger head was actually against the firewall. Up front is also deceptive, that space gets chewed up quick! If you tube the front end, and depending on the front drive setup you can have a decent amount of room though.

Five-0

Regular
Reaction score
I much prefer the pictures and such while having my morning coffee. So thanks for a good start to the day!

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Alright guys, last one to bring you up to speed. First up some parts got dropped off, ignore my nightmare of a garage :(

So since I had the parts here, and the ownwer said he has never seen the motor with the intake I figured what the hell.

The valley plate is actually torqued down, but the intake is just sitting on top. Also I grabbed some bolts I had for the throttle body, which will work, but I later added washers and flipped it over the right way around.

Next up I wanted to see how the coil packs would mount, and of course I wanted to use nicer hardware :D

Don't worry, everything will get cleaned up before it actually all goes together!

After that I wanted to try and get a handle on the front accessories. I guessed at where it all goes, and apparently I was right? I think he finally found a power steering pump he had been looking for, but I dont have it here yet.

Well I couldnt put it off anymore, it was time to get it up on the lift. After pushing the SC out of the way, we winched the Supra up the driveway on to the lift. This works great when the weather is nice :)

Once we got the cars all swapped around I put the Supra up in the air, and was met with this.

Thats what I get for putting everything together before it went in! Not that it would have really changed much, just annoying. I will have to get a new fitting from ICT, that top one took a little bit of damage. I pulled the adapter off and lifted the trans to get the mounts lined up, and then ran into the next issue.

So between those two spots, I am gonna have to pull it all back out to massage the tunnel some. I quickly looked around and the rest looks good, but I will really go over it before I take it apart to be sure. Minor hickup, but its to be expected.

On the plus side, it looks damn good up on the lift :D

And my pile isnt looking half bad either

And that brings you guys all up to speed. I want to try and get the motor out this week, and possibly back in as well. I also need to strip out the stock fuel lines, and I need to take inventory on the parts I have here so I can get a list going.

Well thats all for now! Stay tuned!

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Just a heads up stainless hates aluminum especially when there's electron flow nearby.....

At the least make sure you don't ram em in dry....use arp lube or equivalent.

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Small world. I live in Marengo. My buddy Glen just moved in by you. Seen these cars from the street view. I had the white Gt350 that drove past when you were mowing the grass.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Small world. I live in Marengo. My buddy Glen just moved in by you. Seen these cars from the street view. I had the white Gt350 that drove past when you were mowing the grass.
Oh no, the secret is out!!! Damn those new neighbors blowing up my spot :) Your car looked bad ass, and sounded good! Next time stop by if I'm outside. Also I dont think Glen is down with the mowing :ROFLMAO:

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Oh no, the secret is out!!! Damn those new neighbors blowing up my spot :) Your car looked bad ass, and sounded good! Next time stop by if I'm outside. Also I dont think Glen is down with the mowing :ROFLMAO:
Yeah he don’t like it. Lol. I will for sure stop by. I need to move into that location.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he don’t like it. Lol. I will for sure stop by. I need to move into that location.
He needs to get him a Zero Turn :D Its a great neighborhood, we love it out here. There may be an empty lot coming up for sale? Other than that you're probably SOL :LOL:

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Oh man. You have to post these pics to the Supra FB groups...
I did, it was pretty boring reaction. I got banned from a lawn care group for posting a pic of my buddies Ferrari in my driveway with my grass looking awesome behind it. I figured posting an LS swapped Supra with an auto, that isnt a clapped out POS and isnt a straight up drag car would have more reaction. Maybe he should RB swap it? :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom