đź’¦ Detailing The All Inclusive Spray Sealant / Hybrid Ceramic / Si02 Infused Witchcraft Thread

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Quick pic with sun this morning. Looks glossy for sure. Disappointed I couldn't get more of the little specks out of the paint, but feel like I would have had to go too deep to get them out.

PXL_20210415_124731486.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Thanks guys, the paint was definitely neglected! I didn't get out everything for sure, and the paint quality ultimately isn't great. Hope it at least looks decent in the sun!
Quick pic with sun this morning. Looks glossy for sure. Disappointed I couldn't get more of the little specks out of the paint, but feel like I would have had to go too deep to get them out.

View attachment 86414

giphy.gif

looks really nice !!

• Love
Reactions: Handsome Jesus

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Ya'll gonna laugh at me lol.

Used the mothers wax attack 2 random orbital kit for everything but the sealant/wax step (TW deal and shine plus spray wax).

I had it out in the sun today, after finishing polishing the wheels. Looks amazing to me, even better than when in the garage.

PXL_20210418_145917170.jpg

PXL_20210418_160403326.jpg

PXL_20210418_160312736.jpg

PXL_20210418_160344351.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Soooo I've just completed compound and polish phase of detail. Are you guys applying the seal and shine on polished paint by itself or are you layering over or under other wax products? Appreciate any feedback you can provide!

I would use an isopropyl alcohol type solution ( 50/50 with distilled water would be fine ) after polishing. Then apply the seal and shine.
It can be used by itself or on top of existing protection. Can it be layered ? I'm not sure if the durability or longevity will be that much different by applying multiple layers.
But using it every month as a drying aid like product will help keep it fresh

I had this same question. Is it worth or necessary to polish, then say apply meguiars ultimate wax with a DA and then the TW seal and shine by hand after? Or just go straight from polish to the Turtle Wax and skip the ultimate wax?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I had this same question. Is it worth or necessary to polish, then say apply meguiars ultimate wax with a DA and then the TW seal and shine by hand after? Or just go straight from polish to the Turtle Wax and skip the ultimate wax?

Polish, IPA wipe down and Seal n Shine.

The Meg's Wax likely doesn't last very long and I'm not sure how well the Seal n Shine will bond to it.
Side note, If someone wants to "layer" protection, the synthetic sealant ( polymer sealant ) would be applied first, then the WAX. the wax is a sacrificial layer.
ie. Jescar Power lock sealant topped with Collinte 845 Insulater Wax

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Polish, IPA wipe down and Seal n Shine.

The Meg's Wax likely doesn't last very long and I'm not sure how well the Seal n Shine will bond to it.
Side note, If someone wants to "layer" protection, the synthetic sealant ( polymer sealant ) would be applied first, then the WAX. the wax is a sacrificial layer.
ie. Jescar Power lock sealant topped with Collinte 845 Insulater Wax
This is what I did, used the Griots Poly Wax (synthetic) first then the next day did the Best of Show Carnuba Liquid Wax.

All I've done with my truck is wash it and then hit it with detailer, and it still looks as good as when I worked it last October.

Would like to try some of their Ceramic products this season.
4BDEF7DA-0D9E-471F-8AD0-B034E6B647E7.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info