NEW RIDE The 307,000 mile 7.3 deezul scurshun - yaj yak's new road tripper ripper.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Real talk, I need new tunes for my truck. I’ve dealt with the SCT canned tunes long enough. 90% of my gripe is trans, it shifts into 4th and locks OD at the same time, so you go from normal acceleration in 3rd at like 2,000 RPM to it hitting 40mph, shifting to 4th and locking the converter at like 1,300 RPM and it falls on its face.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
she's at a sneeze under 313k miles right now. just went to wyoming and back last week and didn't skip a beat. kick off yershoes... set the cruise at 85mph and go til you gotta piss.... because the 44 gallon tank is going to outlast you.

looking at receipts...
one tank was 611 miles... 37.541 gallons. so that's 16.3 mpg- i think this was running open interstate across south dakota from rapid city to oacoma at 85-90 mph.
another tank 436 miles 31.814 gallons... so that's 13.7 mpg. i think this tank was a lot of idling becuase bababy was playing in truck ac during a rainstorm at a rest stop...

towed for the first time with it as well.. went like a champ. set the cruise and let'r eat.

That’s pretty darn nice. We finished our 16 day trip out to Wyoming and back. My Expy EL has a 33.5 gallon tank. I wish it was larger. I felt like I was filling up my truck every 100 miles. LOLzzzz. Our first four days of pulling our 7,600lb travel trailer I was averaging 7.6 mpg. When we finally arrived back home. There was an improvement. But I am assuming it improved because we were not pulling our trailer everyday. DUH. LOLzzzz.

Cruise control worked great and was used extensively. Tow mode work great. Especially in the mountains. Most of the time I would not even touch the brakes pulling that trailer through the descents. I was impressed. I installed new brakes before we left but Tow mode was really the star of the show for me.

I was impressed with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It pulls extremely well. Drinks a lot of fuel. But I expect that from a gas motor.

Every mile driven and MPG’s during our 16 day trip.

IMG_8754.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I wish we had 84 gallon tanks.

I mean I have 136. Just have to hit any old overpass off ramp, grab the hose and fill er up. Depending on where you’re at you can pee at the same time. 5 min and you’re back on the road, no need to go into town.

I could gravity feed into my main tank if I wanted to but meh.

I’ve gone 1,900 miles between fill-up. Mixed trailering and empty.

Reactions: guspech750

Thread Info