The 1960s called, they want their Scooter back

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
After riding our little honda Elite last year, I've been keeping an eye out for 125cc Yamahas as they had more 'features' and were a little more stylish/modern (as vain as that is).

So this popped up and it was vastly nicer than I expected when we went to look at it, so I found myself riding it the 10 miles home!

It feels much more planted than the Honda (and its heavier), and can squeak past the 50mph barrier given enough road.

2004 Yamaha Vino 125, 800 miles on it:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
sickmint79 has gained some scooter skillz lately
+1 points for first sad slow crash experience
+1 points for driving across island
+1 points for female passenger
+1 points for se asia, because

still suck tho. fun to learn. no 2 wheel skillz prior to a few weeks ago. can't imagine how going 0 to whatever to 0 would be on something like a ss1000r. scareh

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I thought about a scooter to ride to work, the store, etc.... all local. How much did you pay?

I don't like saying what I paid for things like this in case I sell them later, but it was 'aggressive' given that it only has 800 miles and is a 2004 with a 125cc and is pretty cherry.

Buy my 80cc one! I needed/wanted the 125 so I could do 45mph roads easily (this one tops out about 55 with me on it, but I've heard smaller riders hitting 65), 80cc is screaming at 42mph, but if your all 35mph roads for work or the store 80cc ones will fit the bill nicely, as most stock 50cc scooters struggle to get past 35.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I thought about a scooter to ride to work, the store, etc.... all local. How much did you pay?

I've been thinking the same thing, I drive 3.1 miles each way to work and the fastest road is a two block stretch of 45 mph...

I just can't imagine my fat ass on a scooter without everyone in the world making fun of me. :bowrofl:

It is a perfect solution though, have to get gas once a month or some shit, probably fill the lawn mower more frequently.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've been thinking the same thing, I drive 3.1 miles each way to work and the fastest road is a two block stretch of 45 mph...

I just can't imagine my fat ass on a scooter without everyone in the world making fun of me. :bowrofl:

It is a perfect solution though, have to get gas once a month or some shit, probably fill the lawn mower more frequently.

All seriousness, zero fucks given about what others think about my fat ass on it. I ride 2.5 miles each way to the train and get to park for free, I've even gotten driive-through fast food on them before.

Thread Info