sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
started
questioned why it had some momentum
friends said to keep watching it improves
gave it a bit of a meh
went to southeast asia for 4 months and forgot i watched any of it until this thread

now years later
am in thailand, have a couple channels that show things in english, kind of

kinda silly but, [never watched tv in thailand before] they censor a bunch of stuff - like a cigarette is blurred - but only when someone is smoking it. same with a gun - but only when pointed at someone. i think tats and alcohol are also blurred. makes things look rather silly, and you obviously know what is going on.

in any case, one channel has some season 6 episodes of this show. leaving one on for background now.

it's pretty terrible. i haven't sampled much CW anything and it has always seemed like cheesy second tier shows and this thing does nothing for me. seems like a high school drama show for 6-8th graders, but within not particularly interesting scifi.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I was entertained by season 1, thoroughly enjoyed season 2. Season 3 started out good, then poor writers had characters making idiot ball decisions that went against their own character natures to create conflict that felt false. There are some things I like about season 4, but don't like season 5 much at all, and season 6 was meh.

Season 7 is said to be the last, and honestly season 4 should have been the last.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
i'm shocked this has made 7 seasons without cancelation, but perhaps it doesn't take much to keep a show going on the cw.
CW really likes to keep things going with unrealistic drama at times. They get lots of good ideas, and the first few seasons are good, but it just gets worse & worse.

To me what happens is a show is plotted out for 1-2 seasons, and then after that, rather than plan another 1-2 season arc they just ad-hoc it and try to keep the drama going. To be honest, the Love triangle stuff bores the shit out of me. I want my SciFi damnit.

To me, there is never enough good Sci-Fi on TV.

I think Smallville was the first CW show I watched. I liked it, but once past season 5 I lost a ton of interest.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well, I finally sat down and finished The 100. The last 4 episodes were probably better than anything between the mid season 3 and now. Weird fucking ending.

Bellamy finding faith is a throw away for the character. Honestly, would have been better to kill him Season 3 when he murdered everyone protecting Arcadia. Would have 100% fit in the Grounder justice system.

Probably the best part of this season really was Murphy and Emori's ending. Emori dies from injuries in a cave-in, John puts her mind-drive in his head, knowing it will eventually kill him just for a few hours/days with her again. That would have been a good finish to his character arc from selfish asshole, to finally growing into a good man with an asshole exterior. That he survived long enough to reach the 'turn into beings of light' ending, and that Emori joined kind of cheapened his final choice.

The 'turn into beings of light' shit is BSG ending weird. I was satisfied when Clarke blew Cardagan's brains out and spatter his bloody bits all over his 'daughter's' face in the test.

The 'Clarke' doesn't get to transcend but everyone else does because she blew Cardogan's brains out. Even though there were plenty of other 'evil' people who transcended. That logic just didn't work out.

A true '100' end to the show would have been John/Emori dying together with melted brains, along with Clarke left alone on earth, as the only Human left in existence. A final scene should have been Clarke just getting to work on building a house. With nobody else descending to live on earth with Clarke.

Or, the Aliens being un-swayed and exterminating humanity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info