• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

TH400, Gear Vendors, Cobra

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
I've read about these overdrive gear boxes a few years back. Good question. I guess you could ask any one that may have a TH400 in any Mustang from 99-04 regardless of type. I here you can pick these up off of Ebay from time to time really cheap compared to what they want for them new.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
i havent seen a single Cobra with a GV yet......because I really thought about this as well when I had the Cobra..

It may not be needed honestly, with the correct torque converter, tire, and gear combo....
Last year I could cruise my Cobra at 55-60 with my TH400 on 28" tires and 3.73's, and my converter stalled crazy high - I'd but that thing on the transbrake at like 6300 RPM and could still drive 60mph

With 3.27's or 3.55's for a turbo combo, 28" tires, and a good converter, the GV wouldn't really be necessary unless you need to be able to drive like 80

The converter is everything.

just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info