• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Texas speed headers any good

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
Ls guys seem to like Texas speed, well they make some decent looking headers for the 15+ coyote and have probably the best price for a off road header package at $699, do any of you guys have experience with Texas speed, I just want to make sure these aren't going to be junk and will fit decent

Installed a set on an f body a few years ago. Probably the best fitting headers without killing your bank account on a set of stainless works. But again that's on a f body but I wouldn't expect anything but good fit and finish. Never heard anything bad about there headers in general.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I did a set for a customer on his '16. Not a good first impression on fitment. The headers werent bad, close to the a/c line on the P side but otherwise no struggles. The mid/catback connection was the biggest problem. This customer chose the Cat pipes, normally no problem on other brands. With all connections fully in, and catback at most rear mount position, still had to remove 3" of material between tsp side and cb side to even butt the mid to CB connection. Without the Cat pipes, was obviously way short to even try and didn't clear the trans crossmember. After that battle, i then realized they welded the passenger side turn pipe, on an up angle, so without cutting and rewelding the connection woudlnt be straight. That could of been a simple mess up in the jig, or by the welder, hopefully not how they have them being done. Oh forgot the best, received 2 clamps, where it needed 4 to be secured so had to tack the cat pipes to the headers as customer needed the car that day being a daily, and other issues pressed time already past needed pick up.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I did a set for a customer on his '16. Not a good first impression on fitment. The headers werent bad, close to the a/c line on the P side but otherwise no struggles. The mid/catback connection was the biggest problem. This customer chose the Cat pipes, normally no problem on other brands. With all connections fully in, and catback at most rear mount position, still had to remove 3" of material between tsp side and cb side to even butt the mid to CB connection. Without the Cat pipes, was obviously way short to even try and didn't clear the trans crossmember. After that battle, i then realized they welded the passenger side turn pipe, on an up angle, so without cutting and rewelding the connection woudlnt be straight. That could of been a simple mess up in the jig, or by the welder, hopefully not how they have them being done. Oh forgot the best, received 2 clamps, where it needed 4 to be secured so had to tack the cat pipes to the headers as customer needed the car that day being a daily, and other issues pressed time already past needed pick up.

Thanks for your input any other header in the price range you would recommend over these

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Your welcome. Hopefully that was just a fluke on the set he got, so don't rule them out but maybe call them and see if they have had any problems prior to order. The JBA seem to be my next budget header. They didn't have a 15+ header when i did them, so used the 11-14 setup. Fit good, minus a stud for a heat shield had to be cut down ever so little on the ds side by the firewall. Have installed pretty much anything on these, minus obx. Whichever header you get, if you plan to do E85 make sure they relocated the primary widebands correctly at that time. I typically recommend this to every guy, just in case they go that way, then they arent burning out O2's constantly.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Your welcome. Hopefully that was just a fluke on the set he got, so don't rule them out but maybe call them and see if they have had any problems prior to order. The JBA seem to be my next budget header. They didn't have a 15+ header when i did them, so used the 11-14 setup. Fit good, minus a stud for a heat shield had to be cut down ever so little on the ds side by the firewall. Have installed pretty much anything on these, minus obx. Whichever header you get, if you plan to do E85 make sure they relocated the primary widebands correctly at that time. I typically recommend this to every guy, just in case they go that way, then they arent burning out O2's constantly.

I'll be doing the install myself, you put the wideband on a slight downward angle for e85?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Tip angled down, so that the moisture drips off the end. It's the downfall of almost every mfg that keeps building them in a horizontal position, while works for 93, E85 is very moisture prone and causes them to short and fail prematurely. I can normally get close to the 1 o'clock position on them, but changes with header brand, trans, chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info