• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

testing the waters

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
What would a 31k 04 kb cobra go for?

Some mods

2.2l new style kb 18psi tune 21psi tune all supporting mods
26 spline input shaft
26 spline centerforce dfx brand new less than 300 miles
full exhaust including long tubes
pa kmember
front coil overs
brand new MT drs, less thank 500miles
full length mm sub frame ties
LDC cooling mod

Many more mods but these are major ones. Not saying Im getting rid of it, but I wanna know what I can get for it?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Dan,

If the Sonic Blue car is stock, trade him, and then trade it in at the dealer for a new SHO.............:dancenana:

I want a ride in an SHO that James has tuned........

Ya that sho is a bad ass ride man. I just looked at the Motor Trend tests its 13.7 in the quarter, and thats just the start. What kind of power did James get out of it after the tune?

Im not sure what route I wanna go yet, I know I wont be pulling the trigger til spring. My girlfriend does not want me to get rid of the mustang, but as I get older I want something simpler out of the box fast with elegance. RS4, SHO, M3, territory. Dont know yet I really like the RS4.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ya that sho is a bad ass ride man. I just looked at the Motor Trend tests its 13.7 in the quarter, and thats just the start. What kind of power did James get out of it after the tune?

Im not sure what route I wanna go yet, I know I wont be pulling the trigger til spring. My girlfriend does not want me to get rid of the mustang, but as I get older I want something simpler out of the box fast with elegance. RS4, SHO, M3, territory. Dont know yet I really like the RS4.

I think you want a Marauder from the sound of it. :confused:

Attachments

• Kentucky 003.jpg
    Kentucky 003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Kentucky 004.jpg
    Kentucky 004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 218

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Is everyone to mature and grown up for Cobras now or what???

Being too mature has nothing to do with it. Lots of older people drive cobras/stangs. The truth is Im not even sure what I want. I know I want something I can drive whenever, where ever, no matter the weather, and still have it be fast. A 4 door 400+hp sedan seems the route I wanna go. I think I have done way too much to my cobra and now its just become too much. I may even demod it to get it more street friendly. I use to have way more fun with it. I should have just stuck with stock suspension, a catback only and the kenne bell on top and called it a day.

Too many go fast goodies doesnt always equal more fun. IMO. On the other hand I have had this car so long and with 5 more payments left, the best thing to do would be to keep it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You guys gotta remember that these cars are 5-6 years old. Guys are just getting sick of them and want something newer or with less miles. There is nothing wrong with most of them, but I guarantee if a few of you drove a GT500 like I did you would be sold. The newer cars are just nicer, with way more amenities. People want heated seats, nav, ipod hookups and all the other crap that newer cars come with now from the factory. Plus, the rattles and other problem spots on a car can build up to the point where you are sick of fixing shit and you just want a new one.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
You guys gotta remember that these cars are 5-6 years old. Guys are just getting sick of them and want something newer or with less miles. There is nothing wrong with most of them, but I guarantee if a few of you drove a GT500 like I did you would be sold. The newer cars are just nicer, with way more amenities. People want heated seats, nav, ipod hookups and all the other crap that newer cars come with now from the factory. Plus, the rattles and other problem spots on a car can build up to the point where you are sick of fixing shit and you just want a new one.

This is byfar the best explanation of what Im feeling. In my case I just feel a little German Engineering is what Im after. I think everyone should always try something once.

I always wanted a viper gts but I think its the same deal as my cobra. And I have driven an 08 gt500 and YES what a difference. It feels well........ as if its not on a 22 year old platform.

There is alot of options on the market but Im really liking the audi RS4. Its everything I want in a car + 4 doors enough room to take little trip in. And Im tired of putting $$$ into cars so I want stock and keep it that way.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
:eek:dan keep the car!! the moment you sell it your gonna be kicking yourself in the ass! ive seen the way you are with this car... do not sell it i know you'll regret it

Brad I understand, and I might regret if for a minute, but Ill get over it. I went on vacation overseas for one month, and I didnt even miss my car one bit.

I find myself lately on the road with it, and other cars line up to run me and I just let it go not even showing the slightest interest, its like I lost my will. I dont know if its a phase Im going through but its just how I feel right now. I just wanna try something different. If it does not go the way I want I can always jump back into another cobra. And if I end up keeping it, its just meant to be. We'll see what happens. I dont even know for sure.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
RS4 is a real nice fun car cant go wrong with it, on the other hand IMHO I think they might have been a little bit high on the estimate I would say closer to 22-24, you would be suprised how many low mile KB cobras are for sale right now, I have personally seen ads for 3 different KB cobras with 22k on the odo and asking price was 22k...not trying to be a jerk but I have been looking to get one for the last month or so and that seems to be the standard. Fair warning there are plenty of mods to be done with the audis as well, i went from the lightning to an a4

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Im still pretty sure you are looking for a Marauder.

That would still leave me in the same boat Zack, and Im looking to jump ship. :D There are other forces at work, my girlfriend is really down on why I want to get rid of the cobra she really likes the car and enjoys it. So who knows what the near future will bring for me. Maybe detune the suspension go stock I dont know.

Zack your lucky when you get bored with one car you walk 3 feet in your garage and move on to the next one LOL. I wish I had 2 or 3 toys laying around.

teamstorm02

Addict
Oct 3, 2006
Brad I understand, and I might regret if for a minute, but Ill get over it. I went on vacation overseas for one month, and I didnt even miss my car one bit.

I find myself lately on the road with it, and other cars line up to run me and I just let it go not even showing the slightest interest, its like I lost my will. I dont know if its a phase Im going through but its just how I feel right now. I just wanna try something different. If it does not go the way I want I can always jump back into another cobra. And if I end up keeping it, its just meant to be. We'll see what happens. I dont even know for sure.

i understand what you mean all i can say is good luck! :biggthump rs4 sounds like a good idea to me!

Makavelli

Makavelli
Dec 28, 2007
AUDI?????
WHAT?????
WHO DO YOU WORK FOR????
Hmmm..... Buy a car from the people you work for, which gives you enough money to have toys. Or give money to a foreign car company! Sounds like an easy choice to me!!!! NO LOYALTY!!!!! Go ahead buy a foreign car, you'll be moving to serbia for good!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info