Tesla vs. Porsche

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

giphy.gif

Yea they are butt hurt for sure. The Fuck wouldn’t you bring out your top car? Rofl just a cover up for the sore bum

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
What if the Porsche put in a non-production drivetrain, racing tires, bigger brakes, etc and ran the ring even faster than it did now?

Considering what Tesla just did, isn't that like talking to a girl on the phone prior to meeting her convincing her you have a huge cock, but, then come to find after the first date, she is disappointed by your two inches?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Tesla basically brought out a custom racecar. It's cool and I like the looks of it.

But let's not forget, Porsche already has a racecar Taycan. What if they bring that out to the ring and time that. Is that a fair comparison? I'm sure the Tesla crowd will say no and point out many reasons why.

Who cares, both cars will sell well and owners will love them. And as mentioned, the competition will help EV cars just as EV SUV & trucks will help the segment.

Reactions: jason05gt

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
ready for a fun one?

my truck has lane sensing bullshit, and the forward collision alert, and a "safe distance"following whatthefuckever.

in my wife's crv, the notification system on the dash looks IDENTICAL. welp. i assumed it was adaptive cruise control.

NOPE. i almost love tapped a semi as i hoped for my truck to slow itself down when i first got it.

no 2019 sierra's or silverado's have adaptive cruise, but apparently have all the hardware for it, just aren't programmed for it... 2020 will. imma stab someone in the eye if i can't easily add it when it comes out.

I can assure you that I have not seen a single Silverado with the hardware for adaptive cruise so it’s not gonna ever be a software update. The more exciting thing is that the redesigned Tahoe/suburban/Escalade are supposed to get supercruise

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
What if the Porsche put in a non-production drivetrain, racing tires, bigger brakes, etc and ran the ring even faster than it did now?

Considering what Tesla just did, isn't that like talking to a girl on the phone prior to meeting her convincing her you have a huge cock, but, then come to find after the first date, she is disappointed by your two inches?

You could technically say the Porsche isn’t a production car either considering the one that made the lap was pre-production. And the plaid model s is going to be made in Q4 2020 so technically it’ll be made in the same year as the Porsche

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Another interesting thing is that it appears that the time being reported is Bridge to Gantry and not a full lap. So if that is the case, that's nothing to brag about which is probably why Musk hasn't plastered it out on twitter yet. Take those semi-slick tires away and my guess is that car is closer to an 8 minute lap time.

"A full lap is 20.832km, and a BTG lap is 19.1km, which equates to around 20-30 seconds less time"

Reactions: Yaj Yak

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Interesting to think about. With this cars potential insane acceleration and low center of gravity, might it be possible it breaks the record?

I have no real speculation since the car is not actually out yet, but I bet it would set a staggering time.

I am guessing he will come back out and say "The production car record".

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I kind of doubt it. Porsche ran 6:40 in the current GT2RS. The next gen GT2/GT3 will be out by then along with a host of other supercars.

Like I said above, the Plaid S is probably near 8 minutes running an apples to apples lap so that's a lot of time in between the two cars.

To be fast on the track, Tesla needs to start endurance racing. Porsche, Ferrari, Chevy, etc. all have factory backed programs with technology that trickles down to the road cars.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I kind of doubt it. Porsche ran 6:40 in the current GT2RS. The next gen GT2/GT3 will be out by then along with a host of other supercars.

Like I said above, the Plaid S is probably near 8 minutes running an apples to apples lap so that's a lot of time in between the two cars.

To be fast on the track, Tesla needs to start endurance racing. Porsche, Ferrari, Chevy, etc. all have factory backed programs with technology that trickles down to the road cars.

Elon is referring to the upcoming Roadster when talking about breaking the record, not the updated Model S.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Tesla announced that it “can achieve 7:20” lap and “7:05 possible with some tweaks when they return next month”

to me it looks like they combined sector times which is pretty lame, however it was running full laps without overheat which is great. Most likely they are switching to the 21700 pack with supercaps so pack overheat will not be an issue. That’ll be a huge upgrade for the S/X as the 18650 pack can only charge at 150kw. Current 21700 pack can go to 250kw and with maxwell caps possibly even higher.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Popular thinking holds that the Taycan is the traditional auto industry's first direct shot at Tesla. A Model S Performance starts at around $100,000; the Taycan Turbo starts at just under $155,000, and a Turbo S like the one I drove will command more than $200,000 in the US. Porsche has decades of manufacturing experience that Tesla lacks, and a much stronger reputation for quality, but Tesla is currently at the forefront of battery technology. And right now, nobody can beat Tesla's charging infrastructure.

But Porsche has created a deeply impressive car. This isn't a conventional car converted over to EV spec, it's a machine engineered from the ground up to combine electric car technology with the capabilities Porsche is famous for.

We don't know what the future holds for the internal combustion engine. Certainly its role will continue to be diminished, which is a scary prospect. Let the Taycan give us some hope. It proves that a Porsche doesn’t need to have an engine to be a Porsche.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info