Tesla Roadster 1.9 0-60 time? 8.8 quarter mile?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yup, all i need is the 42 sec 1320 vid

lastls1

Reaction score
I guess if you have the money why not. It will destroy any super or hypercar in an acceleration test.

The downside this thing costs over 200k. But again that’s not a lot if you are someone already in the lambo/Ferrari market.

Also it was rumored to have a 500-600 mile battery range. So you would basically get a GT car and a hyper speed car in the same package

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
So you would basically get a GT car and a hyper speed car in the same package
Continued

but without the good looks and without the splendid mechanical orchestrated exhaust notes.

So it’s and easy pass.

lastls1

Reaction score
The people buying this car already have the other cars in their garage that make wonderful noises. Lol

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Would vomit all over the big ass touch screen.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I don't think "destroy' is the right word. There are hypercars that do low 2 second 0-60's, but, cost a lot.

Past the 0-60 point and 0-100 factor, the roadster won't do much else in my opinion. Put it against those hypercars on a road course and see what happens.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't think "destroy' is the right word. There are hypercars that do low 2 second 0-60's, but, cost a lot.

Past the 0-60 point and 0-100 factor, the roadster won't do much else in my opinion. Put it against those hypercars on a road course and see what happens.
If it isn't too heavy, is designed with handling in mind, it could actually work very well on a road course. It makes plenty of power to pull itself out of corners. So no issue there. It has a low center of gravity which is helpful with handling. Now if they can work magic on the suspension, get the tires to handle the corners, and hook up with the torque the motors can make, ya, it could be interesting.

The old Tesla Roadster wasn't exactly known for it's handling. But it was also their first car. Technology has changed a lot since then. But will Musk want this to be a drag car, ala Model S, or will he get them to design a car that can corner with the best of them? We will have to wait and see.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's all about the weight. Battery will be between 2,000-3,000 lbs. Hard to corner when you have weight like that added to the weight of the car.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can do a Roadster Type X. One with a much smaller battery to save weight for the road course. Then charge more for that model. Like some of the other manufacturers do when they make lite weight models. Everyone wins! haha

lastls1

Reaction score
I think people forget it doesn’t have a big V12 engine, and driveline and differentials. So it’s not like the battery weight on top of a supercar engine

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I think people forget it doesn’t have a big V12 engine, and driveline and differentials. So it’s not like the battery weight on top of a supercar engine
Well, I certainly didn't forget.

But, common sense would indicate that a 4-door sedan (Model S) that is dimensionally smaller than a Dodge Charger, but, weighs over 500LBS more would suggest the batteries are in fact heavy.

That would also suggest the Roadster is not going to be a lightweight car either and won't exactly be ideal for auto-x and road courses compared to other cars that have amazing acceleration and can also perform in other areas.

lastls1

Reaction score
True. But we are comparing full size sedans to a roadster.

With a 1.9 0-60 time or better.... it can’t exactly be super heavy.

Unless this thing is going to have the equivalent of 1500+ HP and AWD. Which we have no idea yet.

Either way idk how it will do cornering. Their cars have never been about road courses so it will be interesting to see

Kaeghl

Reaction score
I think we are missing a few key features where it comes to the weight being an issue.
The electric motors have unholy amounts of torque the moment you apply charge to them.
the weight of the batteries/drivetrain is about as low as you can get it, and the weight is very well distributed.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I agree [MENTION=5001]Ryan02Stang[/MENTION] - This is an engineering marvel that is recreating the definition of innovation.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, this thing will be the fastest accelerating vehicle you can buy. Would love to see it go around the nurburgring too.

Kaeghl

Reaction score
I could, however, totally see it running out of tire pretty quickly.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was meaning more along the lines of overpowering whatever grip can be delivered by stock tires.
That's the wonderful thing about electric motors, it can sense loss of traction and adjust torque on the fly so grip loss is minimal regardless of tire quality. But the lower quality the tire, the slower the car will be because the motors will underpower to keep traction.

Obviously there is a point where the motors cant overcome traction loss (ice for example) but the Tesla's are very good at maintaining traction on the fly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom