⚡ EV Tesla Open to Supplying Batteries and Powertrains to other Manufacturers

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I don't care about the autopilot, but the motors and batteries are huge.
Since the manufacturers can't seem to figure out the Tesla efficiency equation, why not use their stuff until you can figure it out.

Reactions: SHARKBITEATTACK

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It would be a huge cash cow, but then you have Tesla's no repair policy where they cut off your supercharger access after an accident repair (even if you were paying for it).

Their tech is good, I just can't stand the shit about cars being repaired and voided.

Also not a fan of the subscription model they (and others) are putting into cars like "heated seats"

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
It would be a huge cash cow, but then you have Tesla's no repair policy where they cut off your supercharger access after an accident repair (even if you were paying for it).

Their tech is good, I just can't stand the shit about cars being repaired and voided.

Also not a fan of the subscription model they (and others) are putting into cars like "heated seats"

first off that thing with the supercharger access is after the vehicle has a salvage title. It’s not like you’re getting a parking lot ding and they turn off supercharger access on a whim.
secondly, they don’t have a subscription for heated seats. That’s an upgrade you can buy through the app to turn your standard range M3 into a standard range plus. It’s a one time fee just like if you were to buy a higher trim level in the first place.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

Like stink star said that’s only when it becomes salvage or totaled. They don’t just randomly turn off access. Even when it came to the Salvage I’m sure that was a legal thing and not their initial choice. Don’t need a car starting a fire because it was repair by bobs collision and they fucked it all up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info