EV Tesla Open to Supplying Batteries and Powertrains to other Manufacturers

MikeyLikesIt

2019 F150 Platinum
Reaction score
I don't care about the autopilot, but the motors and batteries are huge.
Since the manufacturers can't seem to figure out the Tesla efficiency equation, why not use their stuff until you can figure it out.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
It would be a huge cash cow, but then you have Tesla's no repair policy where they cut off your supercharger access after an accident repair (even if you were paying for it).

Their tech is good, I just can't stand the shit about cars being repaired and voided.

Also not a fan of the subscription model they (and others) are putting into cars like "heated seats"

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
It would be a huge cash cow, but then you have Tesla's no repair policy where they cut off your supercharger access after an accident repair (even if you were paying for it).

Their tech is good, I just can't stand the shit about cars being repaired and voided.

Also not a fan of the subscription model they (and others) are putting into cars like "heated seats"
first off that thing with the supercharger access is after the vehicle has a salvage title. It’s not like you’re getting a parking lot ding and they turn off supercharger access on a whim.
secondly, they don’t have a subscription for heated seats. That’s an upgrade you can buy through the app to turn your standard range M3 into a standard range plus. It’s a one time fee just like if you were to buy a higher trim level in the first place.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
I hope what they do is license out their older battery and motor technology and keep the newest cutting edge stuff for themselves so they can stay on top

lastls1

Reaction score

Like stink star said that’s only when it becomes salvage or totaled. They don’t just randomly turn off access. Even when it came to the Salvage I’m sure that was a legal thing and not their initial choice. Don’t need a car starting a fire because it was repair by bobs collision and they fucked it all up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom