⚡ EV Tesla Model S Plaid Has 1100 HP and Does 0-60 MPH in Under 2 Seconds

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I wonder if we are getting close to it becoming regulated. Basically you would need a special license to drive certain variants of the car on the road like a motorcycle license. You would have to go to an actual driving school and prove you could handle the car.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The plaid is low 100k. Yes pricey but it’s not 7 figures.

I wouldn’t call 100k expensive by todays standards or a price barrier for many buyers.

But the vast majority willing to spend 130k+ on a vehicle aren’t the type to drive around like they are in a Altima from a “buy here pay here” place at 29.9% interest.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Unpopular opinion but I’m not sure it’s a good idea to put the average person in an 8 second capable car ?

the average person can barely handle a 15 second car

I wonder if we are getting close to it becoming regulated. Basically you would need a special license to drive certain variants of the car on the road like a motorcycle license. You would have to go to an actual driving school and prove you could handle the car.

this would seem rather subjective and why not already done already, with the amount of young/old/middle aged men hitting guardrails, wrapping themselves around trees, racing in the streets, etc. with already available sports cars.

But the vast majority willing to spend 130k+ on a vehicle aren’t the type to drive around like they are in a Altima from a “buy here pay here” place at 29.9% interest.

yah this person is just reckless weaving in and out of every lane and pocket of traffic on the highway to get somewhere 2 minutes faster and tell themselves they're a really good driver

sickmint79 hates all drivers lol

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
You think having money makes you a competent driver? :bowrofl:
Not at all, it’s just the pool of people that drive like complete dick bags goes down exponentially when you consider how many people are excluded from being able to afford something like that.

Also, people with money aren’t inherently good drivers, but that are far more likely not to purposely drive like they stole something.

Reactions: Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Not at all, it’s just the pool of people that drive like complete dick bags goes down exponentially when you consider how many people are excluded from being able to afford something like that.

Also, people with money aren’t inherently good drivers, but that are far more likely not to purposely drive like they stole something.
Accurate. The Audi R8 is the cheapest of our three cars to insure. Most super cars are relatively cheap to insure due to the statistical improbability of them getting into major accidents. People with money may not be better drivers, but they are definitely more careful.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Accurate. The Audi R8 is the cheapest of our three cars to insure. Most super cars are relatively cheap to insure due to the statistical improbability of them getting into major accidents. People with money may not be better drivers, but they are definitely more careful.

I was actually surprised how “cheap” the insurance was. I was pricing out lambos, R8s, GT500s etc for insurance and I believe State Farm for full coverage on the huracan was like $1300 every 6 months. That was just a generic quote to no real discounts or multi car stuff.

I should try doing a full quote entering everything in and customizing.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How the hell did that happen?

probably cold tires and cold brain, and inexperience. aside from the music and jebus praising, the hand positioning at 1:46 no me gusta, it's just gross, sure it didn't help come time to try and correct. i'm a total judgey mcjudgerson about your hand placement. 5:40+ inside the car too. i guess he just gooses it at 5:56 then has horrible correction attempts.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
probably cold tires and cold brain, and inexperience. aside from the music and jebus praising, the hand positioning at 1:46 no me gusta, it's just gross, sure it didn't help come time to try and correct. i'm a total judgey mcjudgerson about your hand placement. 5:40+ inside the car too. i guess he just gooses it at 5:56 then has horrible correction attempts.
Definitely cold tires and not enough talent.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

I was actually surprised how “cheap” the insurance was. I was pricing out lambos, R8s, GT500s etc for insurance and I believe State Farm for full coverage on the huracan was like $1300 every 6 months. That was just a generic quote to no real discounts or multi car stuff.

I should try doing a full quote entering everything in and customizing.
I discovered Hagerty collector insurance earlier this year. I wish I had discovered them much earlier because it's so cheap to insure the cars it's almost absurd. The first time I shopped the Audi S8 around it was $38 a month in SoCal on Hagerty. I pay something like $220 to insure the i8, M5 and S8. They don't track mileage and most important: it's stated value insurance. So you can state your value when signing up (and change it as values change) and if they pay out a total loss, that's what they're paying you. That's awesome for a car like the M5 where the market on it is all over the board depending on color choices and options. I put that son of a bitch in there at 40k and if it's totaled they will pay that to me without argument.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I discovered Hagerty collector insurance earlier this year. I wish I had discovered them much earlier because it's so cheap to insure the cars it's almost absurd. The first time I shopped the Audi S8 around it was $38 a month in SoCal on Hagerty. I pay something like $220 to insure the i8, M5 and S8. They don't track mileage and most important: it's stated value insurance. So you can state your value when signing up (and change it as values change) and if they pay out a total loss, that's what they're paying you. That's awesome for a car like the M5 where the market on it is all over the board depending on color choices and options. I put that son of a bitch in there at 40k and if it's totaled they will pay that to me without argument.
Hagerty would only unsure a car if it had covered parking for me. I’ll probably pursue that later on but it bummed me out. I’ve got a driveway queen I put like 1000 miles a year on.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah that is a downside to Hagerty. And they are getting pretty ridiculous in verifying this too. I get almost monthly letters from them either asking to verify my insurance on my daily drivers or to send them pictures of my cars in the garage. And I even told them, I have 7 cars. It's not a hassle for me to put the two that are with you in the garage and then move them back out. How does that prove anything. And it basically doesn't. They just need to see it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info