⚡ EV Tesla Cybertruck

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Did anyone at tesla ever publicly admit that they designed it this way so that they didn't have to spend time or effort worrying about stamping, complex dies etc? It has one body line and everything else is dead flat, it's awful.

Careful. You'll have the tesla nut hugging white knights ride in and tell you how unique this truck is and how nothing else on the road looks like it. It's going to be the greatest truck ever

Goose Jerk GIF by 9 Skies Photography

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Careful. You'll have the tesla nut hugging white knights ride in and tell you how unique this truck is and how nothing else on the road looks like it. It's going to be the greatest truck ever

Goose Jerk GIF by 9 Skies Photography
The tesla crowd does have a propensity for exalting blatant cost-cutting measures as innovative, revolutionary etcetc. I'm sure the bare ugly flat panels on the cybertruck will be no different.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Did anyone at tesla ever publicly admit that they designed it this way so that they didn't have to spend time or effort worrying about stamping, complex dies etc? It has one body line and everything else is dead flat, it's awful.
Yes, they flat out said this. It’s easier and cheaper to make and no paint makes the factory way cheaper

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I actually put a deposit down on one LOL.

My daughter turns 16 in less than 3 years and plan is to give her my F150. Would like another truck, but want to go electric. Will definitely depend what the updated Lightning looks like. These are ugly as shit, but they're supposed to be fast as hell, which should make it fun.

Also contemplating buying a beater and a new C8 instead....but might be too impractical for now. I have a couple years to think about it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I thought the stamping process was revolutionary and expensive. Because the body panels are like 1/2 in thick plates to make it bulletproof.

You know, because no consumers asked for it so Tesla had to tell them what they wanted to pay for.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Look back at the photo of Elon standing next to the truck with the broken windows. He’s supposed to be 6’2”.
I figured it was the camera angle that made it look about his height. Even shorter at times.

cybertruck.jpg

vs

It seems the Rivian height with the suspension in low position is 69.5". At the off-road height it's 75.6".

rivian-r1t-specs.jpg

Thread Info