Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
giphy.gif

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Wasting gas is cool in a sports car, not when driving back and forth to work
It’s literally the opposite of a waste when you’re using it to go to work. You’re “wasting” electric driving back and forth to work every day.

When I stop seeing teslas owners literally bragging about their car working at all in winter I’ll consider one, until then, I don’t want to be an owner that gets excited about my car starting in freezing temps. You guys are turning into Harley owners.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I wasn’t joking. I’m sick of seeing videos online of Tesla owners bragging about things that have existed or worked on automobiles for 50 years. Last night I watched a reel about how the Model X has water channels to direct rain away from the interior of the car. FUCKING AMAZING!!!!
You know why that is right? Every few weeks there’s a new video that gets circulated around about a Tesla that has a problem and the comments get shitpiled with people who say “SEE! ELECTRIC CARS DONT WORK!“ and go on to make wild claims about range loss, being stuck in the cold, their cellphone battery sucking, taking hours to charge, their dog shitting on the rug, etc…. If people don’t actually show that an EV works like any other car pretty soon people will believe the FUD. It’s sad but most people are too stupid to not hear rebuttals to these ridiculous statements.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You know why that is right? Every few weeks there’s a new video that gets circulated around about a Tesla that has a problem and the comments get shitpiled with people who say “SEE! ELECTRIC CARS DONT WORK!“ and go on to make wild claims about range loss, being stuck in the cold, their cellphone battery sucking, taking hours to charge, their dog shitting on the rug, etc…. If people don’t actually show that an EV works like any other car pretty soon people will believe the FUD. It’s sad but most people are too stupid to not hear rebuttals to these ridiculous statements.
Those videos are just as idiotic, but showing me the water channels in a sunroof doesn’t disprove any of those outrageous claims. Sitting in traffic in a winter storm showing how many miles the car has, kr how long it can run the heat when stopped would help. Instead we get dipshits tapping the back of their car with the charger before they plug it in.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Those videos are just as idiotic, but showing me the water channels in a sunroof doesn’t disprove any of those outrageous claims. Sitting in traffic in a winter storm showing how many miles the car has, kr how long it can run the heat when stopped would help. Instead we get dipshits tapping the back of their car with the charger before they plug it in.

i agree there’s those idiotic videos out there. i don’t use tik tok but my wife has shown me some cringe shit. That’s probably more having to do with the unbelievable click bait that Tesla pulls with any headline. In actual news I’ve seen cool videos where a guy runs his model Y for 2 days at 70* interior temp when it was below freezing outside and still had 20% left.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

This seems like a rather lofty goal...?

He said he expects the Tesla Cybertruck to sell between 250,000 and 500,000 units per year once production is fully ramped, which is a huge number for an electric truck whichever way you look at it. For example, America's pickup truck sales leader, Ford, sold just over 653,000 F-Series trucks last year, including 15,617 of the F-150 Lightning electric pickup.
"I'd say a quarter million a year is a reasonable guess and it might be 500,000, I don't know. We'll make as many as people want and can afford. It's going to be hard to make the cost affordable because it is a new car, new manufacturing method, so in the grand scheme of things relative to the production rate of all the other cars we make, it will be small. But still very cool."

Thread Info