• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

terminator swapped fox body's come in!!!!

kweb288

Reaction score
Hey guys im currently embarking on putting an 04 cobra drivetrain into my 92 fox.
I was wondering (if you have done this) what headers you went with? The ones that come with my engine were crushed so i will need to buy new ones.
Also has anyone who has done the swap been able to get the a/c working? how hard? any tricks?
Any other thoughts, concerns, commments would be great!

strokedfox347

Blackout
Reaction score
Ive thought about doing that for a while, keep your progress posted Id like to see how it goes.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but normal 4 valve headers should fit since the under pinnings and engine bay of a fox are damn near identical.

hopefully someone who has done the swap will chime in.

PM raresvt, he did an 03 swap into his fox.

kweb288

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but normal 4 valve headers should fit since the under pinnings and engine bay of a fox are damn near identical.

hopefully someone who has done the swap will chime in.

PM raresvt, he did an 03 swap into his fox.
ya i actually talked to him for a long as time at Joliet, for the mustang shoot out! his car is AMAZING

kweb288

Reaction score
Ive thought about doing that for a while, keep your progress posted Id like to see how it goes.
Will do man! ya car is all in primer right now, getting ready for paint (just got to do a little more body work, welding, and sanding)
Going to get my 04 cobra drive train tomorrow! :burnout:so ill probably post up picks of that stuff when i get time

RUBRMAN

Reaction score
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 This site is very usefull for conversions

I have a 4V in my fox. I tried Kooks long tubes and had an issue hitting the cross member where it bolts to the body. You shouldn't have any issues if you use shorty style. If you have any questions feel free to PM me I will try to answer as best as I can. Good luck and definatly post your progress!!

kweb288

Reaction score
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 This site is very usefull for conversions

I have a 4V in my fox. I tried Kooks long tubes and had an issue hitting the cross member where it bolts to the body. You shouldn't have any issues if you use shorty style. If you have any questions feel free to PM me I will try to answer as best as I can. Good luck and definatly post your progress!!
thanks man for the info! is there any specific shorty header i should stay away from/stick with ?
and ya im already a part of modularfords, asking this question on mutliple sites to get a lot of ansers

RUBRMAN

Reaction score

thanks man for the info! is there any specific shorty header i should stay away from/stick with ?
and ya im already a part of modularfords, asking this question on mutliple sites to get a lot of ansers
I just ran the stock exhaust manifolds till I got kooks long tubes. Then when that didn't fit I got so frustrated with the situation I went Turbo. So no more header problems. With my research I never saw any shorty style header that had issues.

raresvt

Reaction score
I run kook's long tubes with no problem's!

kweb288

Reaction score
I run kook's long tubes with no problem's!
thanks man!
Ya not positive, but im pretty sure i talked to you for a while at joliet for the mustang shoot out, I was with my dad.

kweb288

Reaction score
oh yea i remember ur dad's a pilot!

haha ya that was me/us. Hoping to have the car done by next july for the show at joliet... we will see though

here are some pics of how the car sits right now. Hoping to get it in paint by halloween:knk:

Attachments

aod92

Reaction score
Good luck man....I hope to do this to my car one day too!

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Reaction score
what did u use to sand and paint it with

are you painting it

kweb288

Reaction score
what did u use to sand and paint it with

are you painting it

I was supposed to learn, but my dad just went ahead and painted it.. :( i was a little more then upset (at college so didnt know about it until got the pics)

I did all the prep and shit so i wasnt tottally out of the loop.
He used a gravity fed gun, got the paint from a local shop.
Nothing special as far as paper goes, 80 grit for the initial knock down, then painted it. (did not knock paint down all the way to metal) if you need more info on stuff i can talk to my dad and get all the names, brands and shit like that

kweb288

Reaction score
ya he gets bored.... and decides to work on my project lol.

Not totally complaining, but i would like to be doing the work myself lol.

Hey does anyone know were to get a termi specific repair book? having trouble locating one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom