• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Terminator or Coyote?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Coyotes are superior is every way except for two things which can be important to some people, looks and value. Terminators are light years ahead in the looks department and they are also for the most part done depreciating, if you spend $20k on a nice low mile cobra its a pretty good bet you will be able to get your money back if you need to sell where coyotes are depreciating as we speak lol

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Coyotes are superior is every way except for two things which can be important to some people, looks and value. Terminators are light years ahead in the looks department and they are also for the most part done depreciating, if you spend $20k on a nice low mile cobra its a pretty good bet you will be able to get your money back if you need to sell where coyotes are depreciating as we speak lol

5.0s are in the 19,xxx range now for used examples

And I've mentioned in other threads that I JUST bought a brand new 14 GT for 26k and change.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They sure aren't decreasing, that's for sure. (maybe the higher mileage, beat to hell ones are.)

I bought mine 4 and a half years ago with 19K miles for just under 22K OTD. I could probably easily get that for it now, maybe more.

That's fine. It isn't increasing tho. And you'd have to wait for that right buyer... I posted a few pretty nice ones that sold in the teens.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
either way you will most likely find a termi that is modded and if the price is the same as the 5.0 you will be behind in power and you have to spend the money to make more power.

you guys are saying 20-22 for nice used 5.0, if I am sure I can find a termi for 20-22 that has a twin screw and descent low miles. 600> 400.

however the interior is your guys big issue, well it depends on what you want the car for. I am personally not worried if it has a glass roof or sync or fancy lighting, I want the most for my $ without putting in a dime.

it is personal opinion and no one can choose but the op who is going to be going to the track 2 tines a year or 20 times per year.

Also I know the new 5.0 is a bad ass motor, however their longevity under big power is yet to be proven it has not been out long enough and there are not as many 600+ hp 5.0 as termi's in my opinion. I could be wrong but I don't see that many posting on them.

obviously I am a biased cobra owner, now if I could afford a boss I'd get one, but I'd keep my cobra. But the only reason I'd get a boss is the power/engine, not the interior or exterior.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
however the interior is your guys big issue, well it depends on what you want the car for. I am personally not worried if it has a glass roof or sync or fancy lighting, I want the most for my $ without putting in a dime.

I don't think anyone here gives two shits about the glass roof, sync, or colored lighting.

Interior wise, I think most of us are talking about base features, and overall quality and materials used.

My no-option 2014 GT is a BMW in features and quality compared to the 03/04 Cobras interior wise.

I feel I am 'getting the most out of my money' by not sacrificing everything for a motor that's proven to be cheap/easy to get power out of and nothing else.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't think anyone here gives two shits about the glass roof, sync, or colored lighting.

Interior wise, I think most of us are talking about base features, and overall quality and materials used.

My no-option 2014 GT is a BMW in features and quality compared to the 03/04 Cobras interior wise.

I feel I am 'getting the most out of my money' by not sacrificing everything for a motor that's proven to be cheap/easy to get power out of and nothing else.

id say just interior dimensions too... i remember the first time i drove an 03-04 and i was just so dumbfounded at how small it felt inside...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info