Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Currently at 67%
I suppose that's not bad from the critics.

But then again, I've loved movies they've panned with like a sub 40% score.

Depends on how the general audience weighs in. If they love it, chances are I'm going to enjoy the film.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, now for more than "meh."

The movie banked hard on nostalgia and camera's name but really doesn't have any substance. Nothing to care about.

No Spoiler here. At the beginning of the movie they play an interview clip from T2 when Sarah was talking about Judgement Day. That 30 second clip reminds you of Terminator 2, and you spend the entire movie comparing this to T2.

Should have just called this movie Terminator 4: The AI Awakens for all it retread previous material and didn't do as good of a job.

Last edited:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Apparently James Cameron has said ZIP about T4 on any of his social media accounts, and was only on-set twice.

Considering how hands on he is with projects I'm guessing that despite the producer credit he was only included to get his name on the project and given no real power.

He's obsessive about his movies, driving people insane. I watched the Abyss documentary and he was in a wet-suit with the cast basically the entire movie.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Get woke, go broke.

Change the heroes from men to women and Arnold. Specifically mention it's NOT a man who's going to save the world. Make sure to have 1/4 of the movie in Spanish. OK, the wokeness is stupid, IMO, but I wouldn't care about it if it was a good movie. It's not.

Several of the other T movies are much better written and acted. This movie was not any kind of amazing film like T1 and T2. The parts they added to make it like T1 were disjointed and didn't really fit. Special effects, IMO, weren't as good as other T movies.

They never developed any kind of character for the Rev 9 Terminator. I didn't really care about it at all. No menace. No personality except for a couple lame jokes.

It's a big budget film with known actors so it's not a complete flop but it's far from being the best of the T movies. Not even close.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Get woke, go broke.

Change the heroes from men to women and Arnold. Specifically mention it's NOT a man who's going to save the world. Make sure to have 1/4 of the movie in Spanish. OK, the wokeness is stupid, IMO, but I wouldn't care about it if it was a good movie. It's not.

Several of the other T movies are much better written and acted. This movie was not any kind of amazing film like T1 and T2. The parts they added to make it like T1 were disjointed and didn't really fit. Special effects, IMO, weren't as good as other T movies.

They never developed any kind of character for the Rev 9 Terminator. I didn't really care about it at all. No menace. No personality except for a couple lame jokes.

It's a big budget film with known actors so it's not a complete flop but it's far from being the best of the T movies. Not even close.
Robert Patrick was straight up awesome as the T-1000.

Reactions: Flyn

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
If we got an older Sarah Connor from T2, then she could have carried the movie. This Sarah Connor was la di da, kill a terminator, I'll be back...la di da.

I would not want to be in a room with T2's Sarah if she was pissed at me. I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR her for fear of my life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info