🔧 BUILD Termi-Fux's '91 Calypso Green Mustang 5.OH LX Hatch

General Information

Back story: This is my first car I bought when I was 14. Bone stock aside from a K&N panel filter, purple tint and a circuit city sound system. In 22 years of ownership, it's only been driven about 5,000 miles lol. It's been on the backburner for a long time when other toys came into the picture. I gotta get it back on the road and enjoy it. I've done a lot to it over the years but was never completely happy with it and would lose interest. Anyway it's all torn apart in my garage right now but I have most everything to finish it and I'm slowly getting it done. Maybe this thread will keep me motivated... It's no race car. Just want a fun street car, full interior that I can take to Byron occasionally. Some major things it's getting currently are a Vortech V3 blower kit with an Anderson Power Bypass Kit, Terminator X EFI kit, Holley Digital Dash, Maximum Motorsports catalog was thrown at it. All new fuel system etc. It's already got a complete TrickFlow top end. I'll update with more specifics as I get shit done. I've got real sets Ford R58 Cobra R's in Silver and Chrome and Bogart drag wheels for the car. Baby likes different shoe options.

I really don't have many pics of the car anymore. Lost to old laptops and photofucket. Here's a few pics of it when I got it April 2001. And a current pic. More than likely it's fused to the jackstands at this point. I'll update as I progress.

PXL_20230220_211528412_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211537457.MP_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211549254.jpg

PXL_20230226_030432687.jpg

Calypso.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Thanks Drew! I'm not the speediest on projects of my own cause I'm so anal. I spent way too long last night researching to find an OEM Ford rubber grommet to plug the firewall hole for the speedo since it'll be GPS based. I found it though ?

This is part of the reason my '94 cobra isnt done, want to make sure i get every part i want to do it right the first time. A lot of it is just the small stuff, or misc items like your grommet. Its that stuff that makes a difference though.

Reactions: Terminator-Fux

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
This is part of the reason my '94 cobra isnt done, want to make sure i get every part i want to do it right the first time. A lot of it is just the small stuff, or misc items like your grommet. Its that stuff that makes a difference though.
Your Shelby is awesome but get going on the Cobra!

It's kinda sickening how much money I have in little parts and pieces. But it's my forever car. If I'm happy with it in the long term that's all I care about. It's getting all SS brake lines. Did it need them? No, but it's apart and SS is sick lol

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Your Shelby is awesome but get going on the Cobra!

It's kinda sickening how much money I have in little parts and pieces. But it's my forever car. If I'm happy with it in the long term that's all I care about. It's getting all SS brake lines. Did it need them? No, but it's apart and SS is sick lol

Thank you, but I gotta get the GT350 back up and running now too ?, i cant leave things alone and enjoy them. I did some more ceramic coating on the hotside, gotta install a clutch slipper, then got a Fore twin pump to finish off my fuel, but sold it and going triple. Im gonna break the stock motor record, then back it down. Its a Disease, i swear lol. Ill be back on the cobra hopefully by June, and can start trying to get the motor and motor plate setup situated, so i can smooth the engine bay, tube the front and do the torque boxes. Car is going to paint after that. All the small stuff adds up really quick, not many realize it till the bill hits. I just sent out two decent size quotes yesterday on some fox bodies. I told the guys where they would be at roughly and they thought i was nuts. Broke everything down, so they could see i wasnt kidding. Parts prices are getting crazy too. Ive watched some parts double within a two year time.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Thank you, but I gotta get the GT350 back up and running now too ?, i cant leave things alone and enjoy them. I did some more ceramic coating on the hotside, gotta install a clutch slipper, then got a Fore twin pump to finish off my fuel, but sold it and going triple. Im gonna break the stock motor record, then back it down. Its a Disease, i swear lol. Ill be back on the cobra hopefully by June, and can start trying to get the motor and motor plate setup situated, so i can smooth the engine bay, tube the front and do the torque boxes. Car is going to paint after that. All the small stuff adds up really quick, not many realize it till the bill hits. I just sent out two decent size quotes yesterday on some fox bodies. I told the guys where they would be at roughly and they thought i was nuts. Broke everything down, so they could see i wasnt kidding. Parts prices are getting crazy too. Ive watched some parts double within a two year time.
You're spot on about parts pricing. If you want to have a heart attack, go on summit racing and look up the cost of Weld Draglites in 15x10 6.5 backspace. They are $400 per wheel now. A few years ago I bought a brand new pair for around $225 per wheel if I remember correctly.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
You're spot on about parts pricing. If you want to have a heart attack, go on summit racing and look up the cost of Weld Draglites in 15x10 6.5 backspace. They are $400 per wheel now. A few years ago I bought a brand new pair for around $225 per wheel if I remember correctly.
Didn't Weld buy CCW? They're proud of their shit that's for sure. I think to get 18" classics made now are like $1,500 a wheel. Um no

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Yes, Weld is one of the companies who's prices have went up significantly over the last two years. Thankfully i ordered my Welds for my Cobra before the first big bump, and they've done another since that one too.

Didn't Weld buy CCW? They're proud of their shit that's for sure. I think to get 18" classics made now are like $1,500 a wheel. Um no

Yes, CCW, forgstar, Momo, and weld are a few now all in one company

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
01bluesnake 01bluesnake it worked ? bye speedo hole. Also I'll note. I try to avoid any car dealers. And usually buy my oem parts from some online dealer if they have it. The worst was my local Hyundai dealer when I needed a battery for my car. He says "go to Gerald we don't stock batteries often..." A functioning dealer with a service department doesn't stock batteries... ok fuck you. I digress. Every place I found wanted $10 for shipping or more for these weightless plugs. I went to Ford's own parts site. Best price I found and they shipped them next day air for free ? For the Ford weirdos in here if you need parts go there. https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us

PXL_20230330_031557817.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
01bluesnake 01bluesnake it worked ? bye speedo hole. Also I'll note. I try to avoid any car dealers. And usually buy my oem parts from some online dealer if they have it. The worst was my local Hyundai dealer when I needed a battery for my car. He says "go to Gerald we don't stock batteries often..." A functioning dealer with a service department doesn't stock batteries... ok fuck you. I digress. Every place I found wanted $10 for shipping or more for these weightless plugs. I went to Ford's own parts site. Best price I found and they shipped them next day air for free ? For the Ford weirdos in here if you need parts go there. https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us

View attachment 157151

Looks good. Yup, shipping on small parts can get ridiculous. I cant say ive ordered direct from them, but will have to check them out. I have an account with a local ford dealer, which is usually the route i take.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Sunday Spaghetti. I've read enough about people having issues after installing the Holley EFI with idle issues (hunting/surging) with these cars. I had enough of those issues with the stock computer. Hence one of the reasons I wanted to go standalone. The stock IAC is antiquated junk two wire. Common swaps are GM or Mopar style IAC's with adapters. Meh, I found some dude on YouTube that did this swap on his car. It uses a Ford Fiesta IAC four wire and bolts right onto the throttle body like stock. I'll take it. I'll be looking forward to a rock solid idle "I hope".

My tech support and biggest help on my car is P PJx5x as he's a lot smarter than me. I told him about this swap and he had the exact Holley wiring for IAC with pins, IAC side plug with terminals I needed. He figured out the pins for the Holley connector plug immediately ? I owe him Chipotle ?

Today I tore into the harness. I didn't want to make a separate harness for the new IAC wiring and wanted to remove the old IAC wiring so that's what I did and it's loomed in like "factory" Whoever is wrapping the Holley harnesses leaves a lot to be desired imo so I cleaned it up more as well. I've de-pinned the smaller plugs to shrink wrap the tech-flex ends instead of using tape. I also wired in the TPS using the GM style plug included. One day I'll actually get this harness and EFI in. I've only had it two years now ?

PXL_20230416_211403128.jpg

PXL_20230416_211502623.jpg

PXL_20230416_211445466.jpg

PXL_20230416_211553144.jpg

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
Very gracious but that sounds like racecar stuff! PJ could probably use it ? I just plan on running the harness through the factory firewall hole. But thank you.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Hmmm that's pretty slick. May have to go that route as I have this and was probably gonna have to cut out the whole center to get the plugs through...

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
  • Care

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I didn’t know you could buy that. You can cut a slit on the short side of the grommet and slip it over the cable. I think I have some urethane if you want to glue it closed
This is what I did. I used a factory grommet and cut a slit in it. I think I just used silicone to seal it closed.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
I closed off that hole and ran the wiring through the firewall behind the intake. Way cleaner IMO
Nah, maybe for your race cur. Wiring needs to go through factory hole. Under carpet to Holley under passenger seat. I don't need wiring going through the center of the firewall. I don't have a gutted car with the ecu under the dash.

Reactions: PJx5x

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
I has this, fits good.

Reactions: Five-0 and PJx5x

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Haven't really touched this POS in awhile as I've been busy. P PJx5x finally convinced me to install a TV in my garage so I can watch my beloved White Sox lose every game while I wrench instead of the comfort of my couch. Definitely a nice garage upgrade despite the abysmal Sux. Anyway I put my headers back on. Ford Motorsport ceramic shorty's I've had on the car for 20 years now. Closed the gap on the plugs for the Blowie. Anybody that knows when you put headers on these cars the factory dipstick fits like shit. I got this black braided/billet one from Lokar. Fits great! Will match all the black braided fuel hose etc when I plumb it. That's it for now. It's not much but it's honest work.

PXL_20230425_022116736.jpg

PXL_20230425_022148893.jpg

Thread Info