🔧 BUILD Termi-Fux's '91 Calypso Green Mustang 5.OH LX Hatch

General Information

Back story: This is my first car I bought when I was 14. Bone stock aside from a K&N panel filter, purple tint and a circuit city sound system. In 22 years of ownership, it's only been driven about 5,000 miles lol. It's been on the backburner for a long time when other toys came into the picture. I gotta get it back on the road and enjoy it. I've done a lot to it over the years but was never completely happy with it and would lose interest. Anyway it's all torn apart in my garage right now but I have most everything to finish it and I'm slowly getting it done. Maybe this thread will keep me motivated... It's no race car. Just want a fun street car, full interior that I can take to Byron occasionally. Some major things it's getting currently are a Vortech V3 blower kit with an Anderson Power Bypass Kit, Terminator X EFI kit, Holley Digital Dash, Maximum Motorsports catalog was thrown at it. All new fuel system etc. It's already got a complete TrickFlow top end. I'll update with more specifics as I get shit done. I've got real sets Ford R58 Cobra R's in Silver and Chrome and Bogart drag wheels for the car. Baby likes different shoe options.

I really don't have many pics of the car anymore. Lost to old laptops and photofucket. Here's a few pics of it when I got it April 2001. And a current pic. More than likely it's fused to the jackstands at this point. I'll update as I progress.

PXL_20230220_211528412_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211537457.MP_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211549254.jpg

PXL_20230226_030432687.jpg

Calypso.jpg

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Found these pictures. I've become really OCD about things with my stuff. Pulled the tank for a Pro-M fuel pump hanger which supposedly fixes fuel aeration problems that the stock pickup has when the tank is low on fuel. It's nice that it comes with -6 AN fittings for new lines as well. It also got an Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump. The tank looks brand new internally, but the outside looked like shit. I can't have that. Completely stripped it clean of undercoat, spots of surface rust and the isolators. Got new isolators, pulled the sending unit and cleaned it as best as I could it. Added a few coats of Eastwood paint and clearcoat. The plastic cover that covers the underside was cleaned to look new as well.

PXL_20220713_221417527.MP.jpg

IMG_20221021_223111.jpg

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Last year after I pulled the stock junk k-member out I figured may as well put a new oil pan gasket on. I was gonna clean the pan up but it wasn't nice enough for me. Stripped it completely and repainted in factory Ford gray. All the hardware was Replated in cadmium as well. The stock low oil level sensor was removed and the pan was plugged correctly. SS drain plugs were added. The engine looks absolutely spotless inside which is good till it grenades or when I get a Dart block. We'll see what happens first. P PJx5x hooked me up with a GM oil pressure sensor that will plug right into the Holley. I'm also making all my own battery/ground cables.

PXL_20230226_203425645.MP.jpg

PXL_20230226_203346481.MP.jpg

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
I pulled the rear end out a couple of weeks ago to continue my quest of "while I'm in there" cleaning/refreshing. I had the factory 8.8 built many moons ago. Maybe 2006-07 if memory recalls. It hardly has any miles since then. It's got a 4.10, 31 Spline T-Lok, Ford Racing axles and ARP 3" studs, TrickFlow girdle. All seals and bearings were replaced as well. I painted it at the time and it hasn't held up and looks like shit. I can't have it. Ideally it would be powdercoated but I'm not tearing it completely down. All the hardware is getting replated to look fresh and I'll repaint it best I can in the meantime.

PXL_20230226_220708224.jpg

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
You're attention to detail is unmatched. I don't know of anyone else who goes through the trouble of getting bolts plated to look like new.
Thanks Matt. I got crazier, the hardware that has stampings on the bolt heads Grade 5/8 whatever for the blower brackets. I dremeled all that shit off and sanded them smooth. Everything gets cadmium plated to look OE and fresh. My OCDness when I see a mix of bright zinc, yellow zinc, black oxide hardware all over the place bothers me. But to each their own. I like subtle cleanliness that in the grand picture looks good. Well I hope it'll look good once it's all together.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
You're even more anal retentive than I am - congrats!

Do you do the cad plating yourself or are you having someone do that for you?
That's something I've thought about doing but never acted on.
I have everything done by Three J's plating in Elk Grove Village. They actually plate for the OE's I believe. Problem is as far as I know doesn't matter if you bring a bag or 5 gallon bucket of hardware it's $110 so I do my best to bring as much as I can to make it worthwhile. Kind of the reason I pulled the rear ?

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I have everything done by Three J's plating in Elk Grove Village. They actually plate for the OE's I believe. Problem is as far as I know doesn't matter if you bring a bag or 5 gallon bucket of hardware it's $110 so I do my best to bring as much as I can to make it worthwhile. Kind of the reason I pulled the rear ?
Wow, that's pretty damn reasonable!

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Wow, that's pretty damn reasonable!
It's not bad. Worth it imo if you wanna go the extra mile. Although it doesn't help getting things done in a timely manner ? I'm pretty sure they acid dip everything but I soak everything that's rusty in evaporust. Then wire wheel everything for good measure so it comes out looking good after plating.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
My OCDness when I see a mix of bright zinc, yellow zinc, black oxide hardware all over the place bothers me.
I definitely understand this. I went a little crazy buying all matching ARP hardware for my new engine for that reason. Right now I have some cheap Dorman studs temporarily holding the intake elbow on because I wanted to figure out if I had to run a spacer or not before buying expensive hardware. Even though it's just for mock up, everytime I look at it, it bugs me.

Reactions: Terminator-Fux

Thread Info