🔧 BUILD Termi-Fux's '91 Calypso Green Mustang 5.OH LX Hatch

General Information

Back story: This is my first car I bought when I was 14. Bone stock aside from a K&N panel filter, purple tint and a circuit city sound system. In 22 years of ownership, it's only been driven about 5,000 miles lol. It's been on the backburner for a long time when other toys came into the picture. I gotta get it back on the road and enjoy it. I've done a lot to it over the years but was never completely happy with it and would lose interest. Anyway it's all torn apart in my garage right now but I have most everything to finish it and I'm slowly getting it done. Maybe this thread will keep me motivated... It's no race car. Just want a fun street car, full interior that I can take to Byron occasionally. Some major things it's getting currently are a Vortech V3 blower kit with an Anderson Power Bypass Kit, Terminator X EFI kit, Holley Digital Dash, Maximum Motorsports catalog was thrown at it. All new fuel system etc. It's already got a complete TrickFlow top end. I'll update with more specifics as I get shit done. I've got real sets Ford R58 Cobra R's in Silver and Chrome and Bogart drag wheels for the car. Baby likes different shoe options.

I really don't have many pics of the car anymore. Lost to old laptops and photofucket. Here's a few pics of it when I got it April 2001. And a current pic. More than likely it's fused to the jackstands at this point. I'll update as I progress.

PXL_20230220_211528412_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211537457.MP_2.jpg

PXL_20230220_211549254.jpg

PXL_20230226_030432687.jpg

Calypso.jpg

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Found this pic for posterity so I'll share. Only a few friends ever got pics of what I've been doing with this heap. The car has always been a basic N/A H/C/I setup. I used to have March style billet brackets for the P/S & Alternator. I was never the biggest fan and sold all that crap. Luckily I kept the factory accessories. They were dingy and ugly. I spent a stupid amount of time with my trusty Dremel and lots of sanding barrels cleaning flash and mold lines off the factory P/S bracket and alternator bracket. Here's what it looked like when it was going to stay N/A. This last year I browsed Anderson Fords website, and they had a sweet black Friday deal on V3 Vortech kits. Fuck it! I don't take vacations and don't have a family so why the hell not. Years ago I had a Vortech S-Trim kit that never made it on the car. I probably needed money for my Cobra. Who knows, I believe Nate Nate has it now for one of his 10 foxes. The brackets were powdercoated shredded silver from Prismatic. Looks real sharp. The steel blower brackets are getting coated right now in the same color. The intake and valve covers were coated the same as well. Oh and you can see in the pic its got a Holley Dual Sync Dizzy, Gen V coils will be installed too. Lastly a pic of my factory dizzy. Thanks Ford :rolleyes:

PXL_20221111_190507222.jpg

PXL_20230227_202404375.jpg

PXL_20230227_204624623.MP.jpg

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Found this pic for posterity so I'll share. Only a few friends ever got pics of what I've been doing with this heap. The car has always been a basic N/A H/C/I setup. I used to have March style billet brackets for the P/S & Alternator. I was never the biggest fan and sold all that crap. Luckily I kept the factory accessories. They were dingy and ugly. I spent a stupid amount of time with my trusty Dremel and lots of sanding barrels cleaning flash and mold lines off the factory P/S bracket and alternator bracket. Here's what it looked like when it was going to stay N/A. This last year I browsed Anderson Fords website, and they had a sweet black Friday deal on V3 Vortech kits. Fuck it! I don't take vacations and don't have a family so why the hell not. Years ago I had a Vortech S-Trim kit that never made it on the car. I probably needed money for my Cobra. Who knows, I believe Nate Nate has it now for one of his 10 foxes. The brackets were powdercoated shredded silver from Prismatic. Looks real sharp. The steel blower brackets are getting coated right now in the same color. The intake and valve covers were coated the same as well. Oh and you can see in the pic its got a Holley Dual Sync Dizzy, Gen V coils will be installed too. Lastly a pic of my factory dizzy. Thanks Ford :rolleyes:

View attachment 152965

View attachment 152966

View attachment 152967
Factory brackets looks great on there, what didn't you like about March, i just got the full setup with sandan ac comp

Reactions: Terminator-Fux

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Factory brackets looks great on there, what didn't you like about March, i just got the full setup with sandan ac comp
Just wasn't my style. I did it to shed weight but then figured well the OE's know what they're doing and put that stuff back on. I want to say I had belt squeal issues too but who knows that was 6 years ago or something :unsure: I didn't like the random hardware to go in the water pump and timing cover either. Sometimes the aftermarket isn't the answer. I also remember I got LMR's version of Ford's A/C delete kit on there now. The black steel bracket was absolutely hammered. Loose bolts in the bubble mailer destroyed the paint. Bitched about it. They gave me a full refund. Sanded down the edges and made it cleaner cause "china" and had it powdercoated.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
The Blowie is on! For good... I hope. It's a V3 Vortech and pullied for 12-15lbs of boost according to Anderson/Vortech. We'll see if I can split the block before a smaller pulley goes on. I picked up my last batch of hardware from the plater and parts from the powdercoater. I had the steel blower brackets and smog eliminator bracket powdercoated in Prismatic Shredded Silver to match my other junk. Painted the LMR eliminator pulley as well as it was ugly. I've been using mainly Eastwood paints and so far I'm a fan.

Also added Anderson Ford's billet belt tensioner. It's way overpriced for what it is but filing bankruptcy isn't that bad if it keeps my shit tight. You have to hack off a good chunk of the the Vortech tensioner bracket to use it. I cut and @PJx5x graciously sanded the cut section nice and flat for me on his belt sander before I had it coated. Anyway here's some pics I'm happy with it.

PXL_20230317_032709613.jpg

PXL_20230317_030631967.jpg

PXL_20230317_032755851.jpg

Nate

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Mar 4, 2014
Wondertucky
The Blowie is on! For good... I hope. It's a V3 Vortech and pullied for 12-15lbs of boost according to Anderson/Vortech. We'll see if I can split the block before a smaller pulley goes on. I picked up my last batch of hardware from the plater and parts from the powdercoater. I had the steel blower brackets and smog eliminator bracket powdercoated in Prismatic Shredded Silver to match my other junk. Painted the LMR eliminator pulley as well as it was ugly. I've been using mainly Eastwood paints and so far I'm a fan.

Also added Anderson Ford's billet belt tensioner. It's way overpriced for what it is but filing bankruptcy isn't that bad if it keeps my shit tight. You have to hack off a good chunk of the the Vortech tensioner bracket to use it. I cut and @PJx5x graciously sanded the cut section nice and flat for me on his belt sander before I had it coated. Anyway here's some pics I'm happy with it.

View attachment 155426

View attachment 155427

View attachment 155428
Time for mass assembly Steve

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: Terminator-Fux

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
You don’t happen to have the wide angle of the couple bus's that were put on you by the end of that run, do you? Haha
I have the time slip that shows I lit the win lamp. You would think an 800+ horsepower car wouldn't have such a hard time chasing down a 400 rwhp car.

PXL_20201009_171326801~2.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Pretty sure that was my worst run of the day. I was paying no attention to the gutted dedicated race car turd that was in the other lane. Was more concerned with getting the AC seat setting just right at the line…
That was also my worst run of the day.

No gutted race car here. It still has working power locks, power windows, factory power seats and full interior minus rear seat.

Anyhow, let's not continue to clutter up Smiley's build thread.

Just saying it doesn't take a lot of power for a well setup fox to hang with modern higher horsepower cars.

Thread Info