Ten Dumbest Car Names Out There

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Another crappy Jalopnik slideshow, but i thought the topic was fun. What are some of the dumbest car names out there?

I'll probably get flamed for this, but i think Chevrolet has lame designations for its model variations. ZL1, Z28, 1LE, Z51 These are all product codes for ordering yet are also official names for cars/trims. Dodge does it better, R/T, Scatpack, Hellcat etc.

Another one of the top of my head. Volkswagen Touareg. My wife and i owned one for 8 years. I don't think I ever pronounced it how your supposed to and i could barely remember how to spell my own cars name.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
"Dodge does it better"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Euro

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
They def should have put dodge in there. Dodge challenger SRT hellcat redeye is a really stupid name, and the fact that there is also a challenger SRT hellcat demon that's basically the same car just makes it that much more dumb. Like did they really need an entirely different name (trim? package? idk) for an extra 10hp that its old ass chassis can't put to the ground? Don't think so

Agree with benz, and def agree with infiniti and their JUNK irrelevant fleet SUV's. If you put the entire infiniti lineup in a time machine and sent them all back a decade they still wouldn't be competitive

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Didnā€™t see these come up,

Cadillac cimarron
Pontiac Parisienne
Pontiac 6000 le or ste
Renault LeCar
Ford aspire
I only agree with Parisienne because I don't think anybody actually knows how to pronounce it correctly.
LeCar is for sure a dumb name. Lol
And Aspire is dumb out of irony because everyone in an Aspire aspires to drive something much better.

This reminds me of a story of a guy calling my buddy's shop telling us he's having a Dodge Goose towed in.
His car:
62-1987-dodge-600-in-colorado-wrecking-yard-photo-by-murilee-1.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Dumbest car name
Ferrari laferrari ā€œFerrari the Ferrariā€

Commercial
Toyota ā€œgrounded to the groundā€
Liberty Mutual ā€œTorque ratiosā€
AM radio - some dill weed northshore Ferrari dealer uses F1 exhaust sounds to advertise his street cars that sound nothing like an F1 car (past or present)

Reactions: v6buicks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info