Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
20210708_173944.jpg

Well, some of the fun stuff has already started to arrive. Bigs and littles poor man's race rims

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Congrats on the new whip. I keep seeing on svtp them 5.4 don’t like big HP on the stock rods. I’d do what mike says and do the Ford blower to keep her together.
Thanks man! Hey, if you run across any svtp threads talking about issues with high HP please post them here! In my limited research since purchasing, I've been seeing 800rwhp is about your safe max on E85 and proper supporting mods. This would drastically change the blower route I go if they truly can't support that much power.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Well, she's as ready as can be for the hat race! Sorry in advance for the terrible lighting and picture taking, I swear I'll get some good ones one of these days! lol

First off, I want to thank Rodger SRT41320 SRT41320 @ RAM Automotive for hooking me up with the tires so quickly!

Secondly want to thank Drew 01bluesnake 01bluesnake @ D Mark Performance for installing some sweet BMR upper and lower adjustable control arms!

Time will tell if these will help her hook at the track!

20210719_221251~2.jpg

20210719_221208~2.jpg

20210719_211445~2.jpg

They Look so Tiny!

20210719_201551.jpg

20210719_201612.jpg

Couldn't get a good pic of the upper, but you get the point! lol

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
What was wrong with it ? Didn’t u just buy the car?
Long story short, literally every gear is fucked...car seemed perfect after I bought it then I started noticing it grinding into second and reverse a few weeks after I bought it... didn't seem to bad... before I had the clutch installed I figured I'd just have them open it up to check it out because I have an aftermarket warranty, opened it up and they said they've never seen a transmission with as low miles as my car had so beat to shit...it was so bad the warranty company denied my claim due to the previous owners negligence...not very happy about this situation but in the end hopefully the RPM Transmission will be the right alternative...still trying to fight with the dealer I purchased from to cover half the cost.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Long story short, literally every gear is fucked...car seemed perfect after I bought it then I started noticing it grinding into second and reverse a few weeks after I bought it... didn't seem to bad... before I had the clutch installed I figured I'd just have them open it up to check it out because I have an aftermarket warranty, opened it up and they said they've never seen a transmission with as low miles as my car had so beat to shit...it was so bad the warranty company denied my claim due to the previous owners negligence...not very happy about this situation but in the end hopefully the RPM Transmission will be the right alternative...still trying to fight with the dealer I purchased from to cover half the cost.

That moment they denied your claim u should have spoken to the GM and gotten a full refund on the extended if the warranty is worthless. U should have bought a ford esp they would have covered it no problem.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
How many miles on your gt500 ? I remember I was about to buy a 13 gt500 at Naperville vw for 43k and after we negotiated and after going on a test drive the clutch was burned. Walked away from that one real quick figured they car was beat to death
Believe it was 28k miles when I bought it...quickly put 4k on it driving it every where possible lol it's a 2012, bought it in Gurnee at Blackhawk Motors, small dealer.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
That moment they denied your claim u should have spoken to the GM and gotten a full refund on the extended if the warranty is worthless. U should have bought a ford esp they would have covered it no problem.
They credited me $800 for the "inconvenience" and I am still trying to push up the ladder but seem to have hit a brick wall...if I don't hear back from the last manager I talked to by the end of the week I'm cancelling for a refund. I honestly didn't think a Ford ESP would cover a car this old.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This would pair well with your set up, this is the ice box I was running, dump a 20lb bag of ice in there and you can feel the difference in the way the car performs

• Love
Reactions: Teege24

Thread Info