Tech Gurus Assemble! - Help me save my eyes.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Recently replaced my 13 yr old tv/ computer monitor with a new samsung curved monitor. Was running a duel monitor set up with two old tvs, decided to upgrade to actual monitors. On the 13 yr old tv, the screen would occasionally go slightly blurry and it'd be hard to read. The second monitor didn't really have any issues. Upgraded both to the new monitors, no issues for a week but turned it on today and one screen is blurry and the other is okay. Google search said to play with resolution size, sharpness etc.. but not sure if it might be a graphics card issue. How do I test this without investing in a new graphics card? It's an msi geforce gtx 760

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I had this happen on my monitors here at the new job. One just went blurry for no reason after I brought it back from sleep mode. Tried everything on the desktop, tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cables, etc. So I said "Fuck it!" and I physically unplugged the power cord from the power strip and plugged it back in... BAM! back to normal...

I DID set my power saving thing to shut the PC off after 5 hours when plugged in, as that seemed to be the genesis of the problem.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I had this happen on my monitors here at the new job. One just went blurry for no reason after I brought it back from sleep mode. Tried everything on the desktop, tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cables, etc. So I said "Fuck it!" and I physically unplugged the power cord from the power strip and plugged it back in... BAM! back to normal...

I DID set my power saving thing to shut the PC off after 5 hours when plugged in, as that seemed to be the genesis of the problem.

Started playing around with wires and I had a faulty wire. I think we all good now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info