• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

teach me to LS motor [truck edition]

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
my truck is an 07 fwiw.

i have looked pretty hard for truck build setups like i want to do... but seems like most truck build guys have stacks on deck and put 408 ci beast motors in with whipples or two 72's...

Beat me to it. Go follow Denamah's Facebook groups, along with boosted lsx and ls nation. You'll find a metric fuck ton of 4.8/5.3 guys posting up their shit on 'em.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
When I had my 6.0/4l80e with 3.73's and my low lift comp cam 212/218 on LS6 springs it was truly a perfect combo for towing. I went with 4.56 gears and it became a monster down low, but I feel 4.10s would have been a better choice.

As far as boost, an LS6 cam (02+) or a ls9 cam would work just fine.

I have a lot done to my 6.0, worst thing so far is the FMS tune I never got rid of so it drives like shit... I put the truck on the back burner after I got the Focus ST. I was just recently starting to correct everything but now a tear down seems to be in order. Possibly just switching out to a 5.3. Don't ask for the 6.0 it's going in the Camaro lol.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
When I had my 6.0/4l80e with 3.73's and my low lift comp cam 212/218 on LS6 springs it was truly a perfect combo for towing. I went with 4.56 gears and it became a monster down low, but I feel 4.10s would have been a better choice.

As far as boost, an LS6 cam (02+) or a ls9 cam would work just fine.

I have a lot done to my 6.0, worst thing so far is the FMS tune I never got rid of so it drives like shit... I put the truck on the back burner after I got the Focus ST. I was just recently starting to correct everything but now a tear down seems to be in order. Possibly just switching out to a 5.3. Don't ask for the 6.0 it's going in the Camaro lol.

This still upsets me. I <3 your truck ever since Byron.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
5.3 ->
Turbo…… You have so many options for greatness.

No matter what ---> You gonna be so happy. With proper oiling ( which is how my stock 6.0 blew...they really can handle some power mods & a beating )

I love my Forged 365. Heads, cam, 1,7/8 Kooks, LS7 throttle body, MAF
A whole expensive list of mods...
I kinda went off cause I love to LS.......

3,800 stall…..etc

I drove it today….

:wackit:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info