TD ben's Twin Engine "nascar" runs low 8s ! shooting for 7s next time

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Yes !!!
The goal with the Twin engine Nascar was an 8 Second 1/4 mile ET.
That's now done and as crazy as it sounds, we're shooting for 7 seconds as I ran a low 8 today after cranking up power... and that's letting off before the end again.
Due to speed limiter kicking in at 165mph (I forgot to raise it). I did not expect the car to be that fast.
Here's a video of the runs ! VERY VERY happy !
Tomorrow we're shooting for 7s if the weather holds up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5SyAUQUEO8

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
That in car view is absolutely sick :bowdown:

Congrats!

For ONCE that the video does somewhat justice... and even then.
Driving is an absolute BLAST...

THe last pass was unreal. THe tire shake till the 1/8 mile.
It spun the front wheels or both set of wheels the whole 1/8 mile.

138mph in the 1/8 !!!
5.3 ET

They kicked me out of my Semi Pro class for being too quick and wanted to put me with the super pro. Since I wanted to focus on testing I didn't go in the that class.

We got rained out and it was difficult to make passes after they kicked me out of my class.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That in car view is sick. In the 15 years I've been a car nut on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a project give so much instant gratification as this one. Usually people pick out a problem and then spend 6 months fixing it. I feel like it was just yesterday that you guys were talking about the converters being too loose and then bam, here we are and not one but two converters have been replaced and the car is ripping 8's.

I love everything about this project.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
That in car view is sick. In the 15 years I've been a car nut on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a project give so much instant gratification as this one. Usually people pick out a problem and then spend 6 months fixing it. I feel like it was just yesterday that you guys were talking about the converters being too loose and then bam, here we are and not one but two converters have been replaced and the car is ripping 8's.

I love everything about this project.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I really put a lot of energy, time and resources into that project. It's a dream of mine and now it's coming to life.

When you have a car with this much potential it kills you to see it run times that are not worthy of it. I kept reading comments on the net that my 9.11 was slow. It was slow for what the car is capable of. It set a fire under my ass.

THe car has now exceeded my own expectations which were solid 8 second pass (like 8.5 to 8.8)

What I didn't know what how easy it was to reach that goal. Now if we didn't have the engine cutting out problem I would have made more pass.

The guy who actually figured it out is JDredd ! just chatting with him after the race, he's like have you checked your speed limiter LOL !!

Myself and and one of mechanic of mine decided to rebuild the bad 4t65e-HD build trans we got. Might as well learn now with that much power.
We actually used a top notch used stock trans. (it looked new inside) and swapped the guts of it into our clean case. Then put in the quaife diff etc...
There was many problems with the front trans which was one of the big reason the car wasn't as fast as it should.

Also put back the stock converters. Yes that's right bone stock converters and stock clutch packs in both trans. We just have more pressure in the accumulators and LSD in both.

I did a good amount of research on what the top drag racers use for trans fluid. Turns out Hydraulic fluid is very popular with guys that make a huge amount of HP, especially the turbo guys building boost on the converter.
The fact it doesn't have a lot of anti friction agents and has a high boiling point is a great thing as well.

All in all my trans didn't slip and put power down like never before.

If I didn't hit the speed limiter my speed would be in excess of 170mph-175mph.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Yesterday was super hot and humid like 95F+
Not going to happen today, it rained all night and this morning. And it's super cold. Garanteed burnout festival down the track.

I"ll go take a look at the track but I doubt I'll be attempting a pass today.

7s will take everything the car will give me with the current setup but on great pass it will do it. Bigger wider slicks would make it easier. THe front slicks spin a lot till the 1/8 mile.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info